• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Sinclair to show children's programming starting July 1

I don't think either TW or Disney offer anything to local stations anymore (not sure Disney ever did).

Bugs Bunny and the other WB cartoons (mostly post-WW2, with only a few Leon Schlesinger-era titles here and there) still occupy several hours a day on Boomerang. Along with Tom & Jerry and Scooby Doo, those three are about 22 of 24 hours per day on that channel. The Flintstones has also completely disappeared from their air.

I doubt you'll ever see any classic cartoons on OTA stations anymore. TW, Disney, and Viacom/Paramount own most of them, and I think they're more interested in DVD sales than broadcasting nowadays.

DVD Sales and cartoons? That sounds like a decade ago but if somebody wants to see cartoons that meets the median age that Sinclair is aiming. Wouldn't they be on apps or in venues like Google Play Store or Apple app store and its on demand.

But it will be interesting how the ratings will be when Sinclair air the Kids Click lineup though.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...uster_apps?clp=ggEICgZEaXNuZXk=:S:ANO1ljL-iDI

https://play.google.com/store/search?q=Disney&c=movies

https://play.google.com/store/search?q=looney tunes&c=movies

I don't think either TW or Disney offer anything to local stations anymore (not sure Disney ever did).

Bugs Bunny and the other WB cartoons (mostly post-WW2, with only a few Leon Schlesinger-era titles here and there) still occupy several hours a day on Boomerang. Along with Tom & Jerry and Scooby Doo, those three are about 22 of 24 hours per day on that channel. The Flintstones has also completely disappeared from their air.

I doubt you'll ever see any classic cartoons on OTA stations anymore. TW, Disney, and Viacom/Paramount own most of them, and I think they're more interested in DVD sales than broadcasting nowadays.

Popeye that a character I remember as reruns as a little kid and he was Viacom/Paramount's mascot at one point but then again after Robin Williams did that role I doubt people associate popeye with the cartoon in 2017 given that some parts of the country have Popeye as a Fast food outlet for chicken.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Popeyes_Louisiana_Kitchen

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Popeye_(film)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EP6dsp9djog

http://popeye.com/news/

https://www.youtube.com/user/PopeyeCartoonsTV/videos

DVD Sales and cartoons? That sounds like a decade ago but if somebody wants to see cartoons that meets the median age that Sinclair is aiming. Wouldn't they be on apps or in venues like Google Play Store or Apple app store and its on demand.

Time-Warner actively keeps their product off of YouTube, and has for years. YT has some of the old Schlesigner-era cartoons from the late '30s and early '40s, but IIRC, TW doesn't own those, or the other pre-1944 cartoons -- black & white or color. Many or all from that era might be public domain by now. There are some excerpts, but few full cartoons. I don't know if they make them available via Android/iPhone apps.

And there are still plenty of DVDs full of cartoons still being made and sold. For example, DVD is the only way to watch The Flintstones right now, since TW took them off of Boomerang. In fact, it's the only to watch any classic Hanna-Barbera 1958-66 cartoons.

But it will be interesting how the ratings will be when Sinclair air the Kids Click lineup though.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...uster_apps?clp=ggEICgZEaXNuZXk=:S:ANO1ljL-iDI

https://play.google.com/store/search?q=Disney&c=movies

https://play.google.com/store/search?q=looney tunes&c=movies

collectors still buy DVD/Blu-Ray, although some companies like Fox want to kill that market by restricting them to things like Simpsons World which require a cable subscription

Time-Warner actively keeps their product off of YouTube, and has for years. YT has some of the old Schlesigner-era cartoons from the late '30s and early '40s, but IIRC, TW doesn't own those, or the other pre-1944 cartoons -- black & white or color. Many or all from that era might be public domain by now. There are some excerpts, but few full cartoons. I don't know if they make them available via Android/iPhone apps.

And there are still plenty of DVDs full of cartoons still being made and sold. For example, DVD is the only way to watch The Flintstones right now, since TW took them off of Boomerang. In fact, it's the only to watch any classic Hanna-Barbera 1958-66 cartoons.

Boomerang had just launched an subscription on-demand service back in March, and it has all of the classic H-B and WB cartoons they own the rights to (Flintstones included), plus some original content. Remember that are areas that don't get Boomerang, or if they do, it's on an extra tier.

I knew that CW7 was going to air the cartoons 5AM to 7AM then 8AM to 9AM M-F, Saturday 5AM to 7AM 1PM to 2PM, Sunday 7AM to 10AM. Don't get why they want to keep news at 7AM just a repeat from 6AM newscast. Or put 6AM to 7AM then 8AM to 10AM then that way don't have paid programming in 9AM hour.

I wonder if this will also affect Tribune stations as well, once the merger is complete. If true, stations may include, WPIX (NYC), KTLA (LA), WGN (Chicago), KXNW (Ft. Smith), KTXL (Sacramento*), KSWB (San Diego*), KWGN (Denver), WCCT (Connecticut), WDCW (D.C., because WJLA obviously won't air it), WSFL (Miami), WXIN (Indianapolis*), WNOL (New Orleans), WXMI (Grand Rapids), WDAF (Kansas City*), KPLR (St. Louis (if Sinclair gets it)), WJW (Cleveland*), KRCW (Portland), WPHL (Philly), WPMT (Susquehanna Valley), KDAF (DFW), KIAH (Houston), or KZJO (Seattle (if Sinclair gets it)).

* - May potentially not have KidsClick, as these stations are heavy on news, stations that may decline to have KidsClick, or other factors (mostly FOX stations).

Last edited:
I wonder if this will also affect Tribune stations as well, once the merger is complete. If true, stations may include, WPIX (NYC), KTLA (LA), WGN (Chicago), KXNW (Ft. Smith), KTXL (Sacramento*), KSWB (San Diego*), KWGN (Denver), WCCT (Connecticut), WDCW (D.C., because WJLA obviously won't air it), WSFL (Miami), WXIN (Indianapolis*), WNOL (New Orleans), WXMI (Grand Rapids), WDAF (Kansas City*), KPLR (St. Louis (if Sinclair gets it)), WJW (Cleveland*), KRCW (Portland), WPHL (Philly), WPMT (Susquehanna Valley), KDAF (DFW), KIAH (Houston), or KZJO (Seattle (if Sinclair gets it)).

* - May potentially not have KidsClick, as these stations are heavy on news, stations that may decline to have KidsClick, or other factors (mostly FOX stations).

If anything, if those shows end up on these stations, they'll dump them on the weekends or probably weekday afternoons, although several of these stations do morning news on the weekends (and late weekday afternoons) as well.

With KTLA, on Saturdays, they air news from 6-10am, the CW Litton and other E/I stuff from 10am-2pm, and then rest of the afternoon is either drama reruns, movies, sitcoms, or infomercials (plus news at 6, 10, and 11pm). Pretty much the same on Sundays, although it's slightly more infomercials on Sunday middays than on Saturdays.

Kidsclick will aired WFGX, an MyNetworkTV affiliate. Will air right after the simulcast of Jewelry Television block. Saturday at 7am to 9:30am, Sunday at 8am to 10:30am, and Monday to Friday at 5:30am to 8:30am (Reruns of Steve Wilkos will be replaced).

This will be the first time RoboCop: Alpha Commando to be shown on TV in Mobile, Alabama area since it was never shown here back when it first aired on syndication alongside with the first season of Pokemon before it moved to Kids WB (back when WFGX was a WB affiliate before two and half years later, WBPG, now WFNA was first appeared on air).

I am hoping Kidsclick could air reruns of Tama and Friends since it was never shown on TV here in Mobile but on the Northwest Florida side. (WFGX aired Tama and Friends according to the FCC Children's shows form back when that station wasn't available in Mobile, AL area at all until 9 years later.

Last edited:
Bugs Bunny, at least in the last 20 years post-Space Jam, has become a relic. The WB cartoons still air on Boomerang, but that audience is adults, not kids, for the most part. The Coyote and Road Runner are probably better-known to those younger than 40 than BB, Porky Pig, and Daffy Duck are.
Bugs Bunny's days are most likely numbered, if last year's sad attempt at bringing him "up" to modern audiences, "Wabbit" is any indication.

I knew nothing of Wabbit until reading your post, but The Looney Tunes Show was almost brilliant IMO.

Boomerang had just launched an subscription on-demand service back in March, and it has all of the classic H-B and WB cartoons they own the rights to (Flintstones included), plus some original content. Remember that are areas that don't get Boomerang, or if they do, it's on an extra tier.

Does the Boomerang app require a cable subscription or one that includes it like other watch apps? Also is it available on Amazon Fire TV? I haven't seen it come up as a new channel on Roku yet, although they just recently added TBS and TNT, which do require a cable subscription.

Sinclair owns WWMT & sub-channel CW7 don't see it on Fox17 from the FCC papers looks like Sinclair will be selling Fox17 I'll save that Sinclair merger with Tribune thread from tvnewscheck. Kidsclick is on CW7 in the West Michigan market.

Does the Boomerang app require a cable subscription or one that includes it like other watch apps? Also is it available on Amazon Fire TV? I haven't seen it come up as a new channel on Roku yet, although they just recently added TBS and TNT, which do require a cable subscription.

I found out that Boomerang is on Amazon Fire TV, but still not Roku.

I live on the Pacific Coast, and the only DMA in the timezone with a decent timeslot for KidsClick is Fresno! Since This TV broadcasts on an Eastern feed, this is not good news.

I feel like making a first time list.

Robocop: Alpha Commando is the first 90s animated series to air on KidsClick, also the first that came from a live action feature film

Super 4 is the first CGI series to air on this block, also the first series based on a toy line.

Pac Man and the Ghostly Adventures is the first series based on a video game to air on this block (Sonic X was meant to be), also the first to air more than one time during this block in one day.

The first commercial ever aired is Chuck E Cheeses.

I live on the Pacific Coast, and the only DMA in the timezone with a decent timeslot for KidsClick is Fresno! Since This TV broadcasts on an Eastern feed, this is not good news.

I know thomwim, if KMPH-DT2 is not good news for you,

you can watch KidsClick on The CW KFRE 59, weekday mornings from 6am-9am, Saturdays from 5am-7am and 12noon-1pm, and Sunday afternoons from 2pm-5pm.

Chuck E. Cheese advertising on the block is a good sign. Instead of 'do you owe money to the IRS?' or 'do you need a catheter?'

One thing I'm noticing is that the start and end times are all over the board.

Today everything was about a minute or so late (on both ThisTv and local Sinclair station WUCW Minneapolis)
Over the weekend they were 10-14 minutes late.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom