• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Do anystations still do weekend live club broadcasts?

CK1012

On Friday or Saturday nights, most top 40 or rhythmic stations choose syndicated programming, bland in-house mix shows or, increasingly, nothing at all.

Are there any stations that still do genuine, live club broadcasts? Some urban stations still do, but I'm more interested in top 40/EDM music. Channel 95.5/Detroit has done so for years, but they started replacing the stream on iHeart Radio for some reason so it's unavailable online.

Are there others? In general, I think this is a dying practice.

On Friday or Saturday nights, most top 40 or rhythmic stations choose syndicated programming, bland in-house mix shows or, increasingly, nothing at all.

Are there any stations that still do genuine, live club broadcasts? Some urban stations still do, but I'm more interested in top 40/EDM music. Channel 95.5/Detroit has done so for years, but they started replacing the stream on iHeart Radio for some reason so it's unavailable online.

Are there others? In general, I think this is a dying practice.

I BELIEVE Mix 106 in Philly still does. At least they have club type music late on Friday nights... I haven't listened long/close enough to see if it's live from a club or not.

KISS 95.7 in Hartford stopped a few years ago. They had been doing it since the 80s when they signed on. The last place called Up or on the Rocks was shutdown for numerous violations. Over the years they've been at places all over greater Connecticut - Rumors in Bristol, The Stadium in Bristol, Sin City in Waterbury, etc, etc, etc. Once when they were broadcasting from The Stadium the place got evacuated due to a massive fire right around the corner and KISS went off the air while they drove back from Bristol to the studios in downtown Hartford.

Sin City in Waterbury. I remember listening after the Charlie Sheen thing went down. The DJ played his rants over a dance beat. Along with the 2 1/2 Men Theme Song.

On Saturday nights WOGL in Philly does an live 80s dance party at Adelphia's in Deptford, NJ.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom