• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

89.5 KYQX flip

A

AnyHuman

It looks like the CSSI stations west of Fort Worth are changing... 89.5 KYQX is no longer Chuck FM, Chuck FM is still on 88.5 KMQX while 89.5/89.3 is now classic country. It's simulcasting KEQX 89.7/89.5 Stephenville, "Pure Country". This is hillbilly music if I ever heard it, I've been listening online. LOL
http://tunein.com/radio/KYQX-893-s26688/?locale=da-DK&z=603685647
I'm not sure if KYQX dropped power and moved to 89.3 yet though, or if KEQX raised power and moved to 89.5... Can anyone check?

Last edited by a moderator:
These call letters got my attention. We used to have a KXYQ. The calls were selected so they could be used for various formats, if the case arose: X for Rock, Y for AC and Q for CHR, which they used them for until an eventual format change to the old style Classic Hits, necessitating a call letter change after all.

These call letters got my attention. We used to have a KXYQ. The calls were selected so they could be used for various formats, if the case arose: X for Rock, Y for AC and Q for CHR, which they used them for until an eventual format change to the old style Classic Hits, necessitating a call letter change after all.

That is exactly the same reason KZQX in East Texas chose its call letters. As it turned out, we didn't use any of those monikers. The station will celebrate 15 years on the air this fall, with a unique, but evolving Standards - Oldies format.

LOL about the call letters for different formats.

Anyway for those curious, this was posted on KEQX's website and Facebook page last month.
"June 30th, 2017 will be the last day Sam Upshaw will host his Morning Show. *He is retiring*to enjoy the many blessings he has been given. The PURE COUNTRY Dublin Studio will be closing as of June 30, 2017. *Also the Frequency of 89.7FM will go dark, and Pure Country will be broadcast on 89.5FM from Weatherford, TX. * *The Streaming as you know it will also end. *As of yet, the details for streaming of Pure Country Music on the internet have not been worked out. *We will keep you informed as we receive more information. *Thank you to our sponsors, donors and listeners for all of your support through the 8+ years we have been here."

And here is the new Pure Country simulcast's Facebook they're promoting on the air. It's not a Facebook page, but a Facebook profile so you can add them as a friend. https://www.facebook.com/weare.purecountry

For some reason neither AllAccess nor RadioInsight is announcing the changes though.

Just curious can anyone in Fort Worth hear the station? I like it because unlike the other stations, it's big on the local classic Texas country. It plays a lot of the "drinking country". And I've never heard of a country or adult hits format below 92-1 FM.

Now the Stephenville station filed it's license to cover.
Can anyone confirm if it's on?

It was there for a pretty long period of time, but most listeners I know enjoyed it on line rather than on air. The signal was minimal, but the Country was very good. When I worked at KBOC in Bridgeport, they were the main competition. Yep, even out I the sticks, there is competition!

KEQX 89.5 is NOT on the air...... Hopefully their transmitter's just temporarily off. And hopefully they have a good engineer. I know they're close to some bad ones.

Here's something even more disconcerting, 88.5's CP expired and this group didn't even do anything about it so they lost their CP! Oh noooo!!!

Like just now I heard them legal ID KEQX Stephenville, how does that work when it's not even on-air? Does anyone know if 89.5 was even built?

89.5 is back on now. Apologies for being wrong!! Gets out decently well. It sounds old school because they aren't really compressing the sound and one channel of the audio isn't there.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom