• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WMEX?

Here's a thought....
Let's bring back Arnie "Woo-Woo" Ginsburg.....with Classic Gold Oldies!!:)
Strange how things go full circle.....last I knew, WMEX was assigned to an FM in Rochester, NH!!!
Guess I need to start scanning the FM dial more closely......!!;)

Managed to survive as a talker though nobody explained why the much touted Joe Ligotti show lasted a month.Renegade Radio morning show, Joe Shortsleeve, former Howie producer Sandy Shack then McScreech..and syndie shows like Savage.They rerun shows overnights and weekends.
And they DO have solid gold oldies shows on weekends including Sat 3 to 9 pm

Last edited:
Here's a thought....
Let's bring back Arnie "Woo-Woo" Ginsburg.....with Classic Gold Oldies!!:)
Strange how things go full circle.....last I knew, WMEX was assigned to an FM in Rochester, NH!!!
Guess I need to start scanning the FM dial more closely......!!;)

Because apparently the FCC allows a full-power AM and a low-power FM (LPFM) in different cities to have the same call letters, there are now TWO different WMEX's on the air.

WMEX 1510 AM in Boston, and WMEX-LP 105.9 FM in Rochester, NH. The two stations are related in name only, there is no programming or ownership in common.

The GM/PD of WMEX-LP, Gary James, was one of the Program Directors of WMEX, Boston during part of the the period when it was back on the air as an Oldies station on 1150 AM from 1985-1989 (rather than on its previous and again now current frequency 1510).

WMEX-LPFM 105.9 plays Oldies of the late '50s, '60s to mid-'70s in tribute to the Top 40 era of WMEX, Boston with original (and recreated) WMEX jingles and occasional drop-ins recorded by Arnie "Woo-Woo" Ginsburg, plus some community service programming for the Rochester, NH region.

WMEX 1510 AM is the talk format we hear in Boston and also has Oldies shows Saturdays 3-9 PM.

Last edited:
Yes, :) it's still on the air, I listen from 6am to 3pm - 3pm is when mcscreamer comes on the air, my ears bleed so I switch over to Howie, that is, until he starts stuttering/stammering and giving out the wrong call in number. "Sandy" Shack is very very good, no hyperbole,(kuhner) no hysteria,(kuhner) no stupid laughing(kuhner), no stupid antics(kuhner) AND "Sandy" is a lawyer so when she speaks about legal things she knows what she's talking about unlike......(kuhner).

tsk tsk tsk... don't be so hard on k000000nah... did you know... HE'S GOING NATIONAL!

McScreech was a re-run today, Sandy was re-runs last week. Something is going on.

I'm pretty sure Shortsleeve was live today though.

2015, right around June 2, the exciting new lineup debuts with Ligiotti in mornings I believe, but a week later Joe L winds up filling in for McPhee just as news of her DUI arrest comes out.Later that month, Rush moves to 1430 and Kuhner starts at noon after saying noon was the most important time slot.(Not so much AMD or PMD) He adds they are going to syndicate his show.

He's still only on RKO.
Then around July 9, word comes that Ligotti is suddenly out.Eventually Renegade gets the slot.

So Sandy does have her own gig while Howie has help from Steve Robinson and Grace Curley, 28 affiliates plus one hour daily on Newsmax, book tours etc
WMEX still hangs in there while 1430 gets ratings that rival ESPN On 850 (but folks, your ads are airing during Rush and Hannity in Boston!) WMEX must not subscribe to the ratings but they're still hanging in there, with no sign of Brother Stair or Alex Jones.

Last edited:
McScreech was a re-run today, Sandy was re-runs last week. Something is going on.

I'm pretty sure Shortsleeve was live today though.

IIRC mcscreamer's book release party was yesterday....they've been promo'ing for weeks, Sandy had some kind of IIRC medical appointment last week, I think she was only out one day and for some reason they aired the show from the day after the election, they did the same thing this past Monday when she was out. WMEX producers lack the talent to pick more current "best of shows" - Dave (Sandy's producer) is usually pretty good at it but the last couple of times she's been out (few weeks back when it snowed no one at MEX showed up for work) the "best of" was the same show - day after election. Shortsleeve was live but holy smokes, someone needs to tell him to use a damn mic cover, it's creepy listening to him suck in air, ewwwwwwwwwwwww.

96.9 FM talk had a setup where if Severin (3p) was out they'd just pick up Hannity live and then rerun Sean at 10p as they normally would.But yes if they had to do a rerun a more recent one would have been nice.

96.9 FM talk had a setup where if Severin (3p) was out they'd just pick up Hannity live and then rerun Sean at 10p as they normally would.

Speaking of... Severino has been quiet as of late... guess he finally retired from radio? Anyone know what he's up to now?

Hmmm, what's up with "Sandy" Shack??? She seems to be taking a day off every other week AND today they actually Dave Shagoury filling in for her rather than that replay from the day after the election.

Is Daly trying to sell them? Post on a facebook group had ad for an "powerhouse day and night" AM in Boston for sale for $1.25 mil, reduced for quick sale, "stick value at least 3 million". 3 Patterns... and didn't they only pay 175k if it indeed is MEX?

Last edited:
Is Daly trying to sell them? Post on a facebook group had ad for an "powerhouse day and night" AM in Boston for sale for $1.25 mil, reduced for quick sale, "stick value at least 3 million". 3 Patterns... and didn't they only pay 175k if it indeed is MEX?

Of course, any station on that high, high end of the dial can not call itself a "powerhouse".

WMEX does not own it's tower, and that is one of the issues... the transmitter site rent is rumored to be a major expense, one that has cursed every owner in the last two decades. And at 50kw on 1510 they are as effective as a 5KW station on 590 IMHO... then we get to their patterns.....

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom