• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Chicagoland Radio & Media goes DARK

Sad news. A great resource especially the audio section. Some great Chicago radio history there.

Second that...at least the audio exhibits will stay online. Hadn't been there much, but gave "Furtive Family of Fine Frogs" a listen....funny!

I see it is on hiatus but that is all I know, and since Larz blocked me from looking at the website and even news articles, that a is all I know. I don't know what all lead to this, and I can't even say that I am sad by all this to begin with.

Indeed sad news. Wasn't Larz away for a week or two not very long ago? Unfortunately one of the posts in response to Larz' "goodbye note" may have nailed it. (Paraphrasing).... Unfortunately very often when we see "Closed for renovations" on a storefront, all too often what it really means is "gone forever".

He actually didn't posted for a week or two, looking back at his fast book page, his last news headlines was on May 12th, and he posted his goodbye note on May 30th. So I don't know what happened there somebody changed in his health, or decided to retire or had to take a long extended break. But like I said, I am not sure I am all that sad to see him gone like the rest of you guys are.

Around the end of March he posted that his website would be much more quiet for awhile. Then things picked up a little, but never reached the level of posts that were usually there. I agree with you "Stagg" I am not so sad to see him go. He was very opinionated and if you disagreed with him you were taken to the woodshed.

radioman148

Which might have bene way he blocked me, I don't know when I looked yesterday I was surprised I was taken directly to the article where I could read it, instead of a white paged saying blocked or something like that. I can tell you what he does have a lot of supporters that will, so I guess you and I can say Good Riddance Larz.

Around the end of March he posted that his website would be much more quiet for awhile. Then things picked up a little, but never reached the level of posts that were usually there. I agree with you "Stagg" I am not so sad to see him go. He was very opinionated and if you disagreed with him you were taken to the woodshed.

This was part of my issue there too, and I called him to task on it once and I'm sure I got taken to the woodshed too. I never went and looked back at it to see.

I get that you get tired of answering the same question many times when the topic has been brought up multiple times before but not every reader reads EVERY sentence of EVERY post on the site. Many people may hear something that is topical, go on his site and ask. They aren't sifting through 6 months of posts to find that the topic has been covered.

I get frustrated on my car sites over silly questions that get asked constantly, but it is the nature of the beast as you get new members and that are new to that vehicle. Instead of being a jag, nicely point them to the search function, or a FAQ's section, etc...

This was part of my issue there too, and I called him to task on it once and I'm sure I got taken to the woodshed too. I never went and looked back at it to see.

I get that you get tired of answering the same question many times when the topic has been brought up multiple times before but not every reader reads EVERY sentence of EVERY post on the site.

That wasn't my problem with him. If you disagreed with him on a subject he could get very nasty. As far as he was concerned his opinion was gospel and you don't dare disagree with him. I got tired of that very quickly.

I get that you get tired of answering the same question many times when the topic has been brought up multiple times before but not every reader reads EVERY sentence of EVERY post on the site.

You have that right, and you know what you are not missing much the last post is his goodbye post from May 30th, and that is what it will look for the foreseeable future until if/when he does return. Whatever that is going on in his personal life that is keeping him for posting news stories as often, he is keeping it private unlike Nick Digilio that doesn't seem to have a private life.

That wasn't my problem with him. If you disagreed with him on a subject he could get very nasty. As far as he was concerned his opinion was gospel and you don't dare disagree with him. I got tired of that very quickly.

Yea, there were a couple times I wanted to tell him to stick it, but I figured the repercussions weren't worth it.

You have that right, and you know what you are not missing much the last post is his goodbye post from May 30th, and that is what it will look for the foreseeable future until if/when he does return. Whatever that is going on in his personal life that is keeping him for posting news stories as often, he is keeping it private unlike Nick Digilio that doesn't seem to have a private life.

No, not missing much, but you do have a following, you could at least say, in general terms "due to health problems...", "due to family problems...", etc, and leave it kind of general, most people would've understood.

No, not missing much, but you do have a following, you could at least say, in general terms "due to health problems...", "due to family problems...", etc, and leave it kind of general, most people would've understood.

I am sure, I could send you the post, but I don't think you would care to really see the post, and as far as I can remember I never told him that I disagreed with his opinion, but from what you have been saying, what did he have against people having their own opinion, even if they didn't agree with them. The whole world would be boring if everybody agreed on everything. And I think what also would upset him, if somebody would complain about a show host that they claim to hate, and even particular on WGN Radio. And he would often reply back "if you don't like it, don't listen", which I do agree with him 100%.

I liked the site, but he would delete your post if you so much as mentioned Robert Feder. What was that all about, any way?

I liked the site, but he would delete your post if you so much as mentioned Robert Feder. What was that all about, any way?

Don't know either this is the first I have heard or read of this, if you can contact him, you should ask I'm but it sounds like he considered him his rival

But I can recall an occasion not all that long ago when Rob Feder gave him a nice shout out congratulations. Me? I liked the site. I didn't take everything I read there as gospel, but a lot of what was there turned out to be accurate. I didn't go there all that often.....maybe 2-3 times a month....but you can still count me among those who will miss it.

I am sure, I could send you the post, but I don't think you would care to really see the post, and as far as I can remember I never told him that I disagreed with his opinion, but from what you have been saying, what did he have against people having their own opinion, even if they didn't agree with them. The whole world would be boring if everybody agreed on everything. And I think what also would upset him, if somebody would complain about a show host that they claim to hate, and even particular on WGN Radio. And he would often reply back "if you don't like it, don't listen", which I do agree with him 100%.

I read his posting on both the CRM site as well as the facebook page.

He was purely abrasive if you disagreed with him OR you asked a question about something that he had posted in an update he made a week prior.

Some of it, I would lay blame on the layout of his message forum. It wasn't a layout like this place, or other UBB/VBB message forum like software. So a news story he posted 1 week prior to your question, does get buried. So not everyone would go back and read everything...

I do understand in some circumstances when people would constantly bash WGN's programming choices, their on-air talent, etc, etc... That it was getting old. But as with anything, there are more "constructive" ways to make your point.

I read his posting on both the CRM site as well as the facebook page.

He was purely abrasive if you disagreed with him OR you asked a question about something that he had posted in an update he made a week prior.

Some of it, I would lay blame on the layout of his message forum. It wasn't a layout like this place, or other UBB/VBB message forum like software. So a news story he posted 1 week prior to your question, does get buried. So not everyone would go back and read everything...

I do understand in some circumstances when people would constantly bash WGN's programming choices, their on-air talent, etc, etc... That it was getting old. But as with anything, there are more "constructive" ways to make your point.

While I guess it is a good thing that i have never told him I disagreed with him on anything as far as I can recall. And well even if you did you have a problem, as the whole website is his brain child, and there would be nobody higher up that you could go to complain to, so you be out of luck. But you are right not everybody reads everything, I sure hate to think what would have been like if he was a doctor and lost his patience. There are just people that claim to hate any of their shows host like Steve Cochran for example, but would just keep complaining, best way to do it is turn it off and find something else, WGN Radio is not the only station in town, and plus a lot of radio stations stream even online, whether they are or not a Chicago radio station.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom