• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Will CBS Radio of Hartford plus WZBG in Litchfield be affected by this?

CBS Radio of Hartford plus WZBG currently has weather forecasts from Meteorologist Joe Fuery. Until recently he was the morning meteorologist at FOX 61 WTIC-TV. Beginning October 2nd he's the Co-Chief Meteorologist at WTNH NEWS 8 and will be on-air at 6PM, 10PM, and 11PM. Will this affect that weather reports on CBS Radio and WZBG?

Yes, it will. I heard him chatting with morning guy Ray Dunaway (TIC-AM) a week or so ago. Ray said something to the effect of "you won't be with us much longer". Joe responded with something like "yes, but we have a couple of weeks to go". I also noticed that beginning Aug 31 Joe's pic is no longer on the weather page of the Hartford Courant. I'm wondering if this has anything to do with the CBS radio stations' pending sale to Entercom. Maybe they said he has to go...we can't afford him.

Yes, it will. I heard him chatting with morning guy Ray Dunaway (TIC-AM) a week or so ago. Ray said something to the effect of "you won't be with us much longer". Joe responded with something like "yes, but we have a couple of weeks to go". I also noticed that beginning Aug 31 Joe's pic is no longer on the weather page of the Hartford Courant. I'm wondering if this has anything to do with the CBS radio stations' pending sale to Entercom. Maybe they said he has to go...we can't afford him.

I highly doubt cost is the only factor... theyre hiring for a part time/fill-in meteorologist for WTIC 1080
http://www.ctba.org/g_job.php?id=81&title=Part-Time Meteorologist

I just got back from Torrington, where I tuned in WZBG to see who's doing the weather there these days. It's still Joe Furey! ZBG used to come in fine here in Canton, now not at all. Did they move their transmitter site?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom