• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

W246AQ Format Flip

atthestars

Star Participant
What? a translator format flip? Yep. The other board is reporting that Priority Radio has flipped Christian AC "Reach FM" to Urban Gospel "Reach Gospel Radio."

The format is based out of WXHL Christiana, DE, but is heard on 97.1 W246AQ from their transmitter on top of the Loews Hotel at 12th and Market in Philly.

I noticed this a few days ago but never knew what exactly the new name was. They were broadcasting dead air on 97.1 I believe two nights ago. Then, their audio was super low yesterday morning but now it's back to normal. I do notice their audio is, I guess you can say, "soft"? It sounds alright for a translator, but it doesn't have much of a body to it. Who really cares I guess since it's a lousy translator, and if you want urban gospel, you got a very competent station on 107.9 with a usable signal and good audio. Never thought I'd be praising WPPZ like this before lol, but hey at least they're doing an alright job.

How long will this last, since the 10w flamethrower came on line years ago, there have been over 7 formats revolving on it, only to revert back to Reach Radio. I think every Spanish AM signal had a home on it one time or another...I used to get a kick, when they first signed on and they were picking up the signal over the air from 103.5 in Aston and on strong tropo nights you would hear WTOP out of DC plus other signals booming in on it.

Last edited:
So w246aq just had a radio tuned to 103.5 from aston for their audio chain? jesus talk about lazy

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom