• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

News From WKLF Clanton

This info is taken from their web site: http://www.wklfradio.com

NOTICE TO ALL WKLF LISTENERS:

WE WILL SOON BE CHANGING FREQUENCIES TO 1000 kHz FROM
980 kHz! THIS WILL GIVE US BETTER COVERAGE!
​WE'LL HAVE MORE DETAILS
IN THE COMING DAYS!​​​​

Dan <><

P.S. Will keep you posted on any new developments.

Whoa, that was fast. I wish I knew what the long term plans for this were. The people who own the station now, they always have a reason for making these technical changes. Always. They have something up their sleeve and we may not know about it for years, but there is a plan.

Whoa, that was fast. I wish I knew what the long term plans for this were. The people who own the station now, they always have a reason for making these technical changes. Always. They have something up their sleeve and we may not know about it for years, but there is a plan.

What i cant figure out is why.... ive been nearly right dead on with anything ive predicted they were going to do.... but im stumped here.. and this further screws the pooch for any night time power. You watch, they will.. in 6 months to a year... file something for another station made possible by this move... or move this station again

WKLF relay is still on at 95.5 FM.

Heard them in Maplesville today.

While traveling down Highway 82 East, did a check on WZNN

The station quickly faded out, once I left town.

They were still doing the Classic Country, no commercials, jockless and TOH ID thingy.

Dan <><

P.S. I recently asked why WKLF moved to 1000 AM. The person I spoke with, said it was a long story and didn't get into the details.

Last edited:
WKLF relay is still on at 95.5 FM.

Heard them in Maplesville today.

While traveling down Highway 82 East, did a check on WZNN

The station quickly faded out, once I left town.

They were still doing the Classic Country, no commercials, jockless and TOH ID thingy.

Dan <><

P.S. I recently asked why WKLF moved to 1000 AM. The person I spoke with, said it was a long story and didn't get into the details.

I'm sure WKLF moving to 1000 has to do with some shenanigans Reynolds Technical/Brantley Broadcast Associates/Great South wireless/Great South RFDC/R3 Partners has planned involving an upgrade or move for WKLF or likely, another station

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom