• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Magna: The Aging Audience For Live Sports

1934821_135273428071_7417455_n-150x120.jpg
Here's a statistic broadcast TV stations heavily invested in live sports play-by-play may not like to digest: You're audience has not only a touch of grey, but it's becoming a Silver Convention. That's according to newly released data from Magna Global.

More...

Soccer may be the world's most popular sport but it has a bunch of catching up to do in America. The professional and college versions are way too defensive and boring. My kids and their friends all played soccer when they were younger. A few made it in high school. Today, with most of them in their 30's not a single one follows or plays soccer. In contrast, more than a few of them still play hockey as adults.

The Olympics as broadcast by American networks likewise. The endless commentary and fluff segments take away from the actual sporting events and the broadcast times are a problem in most years. I quit watching years ago. Could not stay awake.

And, after a lifetime of playing and watching football, the NFL is out of luck with me. I still watch the college game but the pro's are just too predictable and boring to spend time with.

Baseball? Ha! Ranks right up there with golf and tennis. Although I played a ton during my youth it is way too slow these days. Golf and tennis were non-starters.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom