• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Shorter Schedule for syndicated programming?

I haven't heard back from WPHL, but for the next two weeks, They are only airing "MOM" Monday-Wednesday this week and Monday-Thursday next week. Both Fridays will air TAAHM. Is it normal to only air syndicated programming 3-4 days instead of the standard M-F stripping?

I haven't heard back from WPHL, but for the next two weeks, They are only airing "MOM" Monday-Wednesday this week and Monday-Thursday next week. Both Fridays will air TAAHM. Is it normal to only air syndicated programming 3-4 days instead of the standard M-F stripping?

For its entire run, PHL ran an odd schedule of Celebrity Name Game--generally speaking, two episodes per night in prime time (8 pm) twice a week (typically Thursday and Friday) with various times in late night and on weekends. I would guess, though I never had the inclination to count, that it added up to 10 episodes generally speaking, a typical 2-times-per-day double run. Years ago they (and many years before them channel 10 in an earlier incarnation of the show) did something similar with Family Feud in "normal" slots, filling in the remainder in seemingly haphazard graveyard slots.

So whether they're actually only running three or four episodes or have the remainder slotted elsewhere may be the question. They might be running out the clock on an obligation with Men and splitting the prime time slot up, or have yet another scenario where they're running things in multiple slots to get the full count in.

For its entire run, PHL ran an odd schedule of Celebrity Name Game--generally speaking, two episodes per night in prime time (8 pm) twice a week (typically Thursday and Friday) with various times in late night and on weekends. I would guess, though I never had the inclination to count, that it added up to 10 episodes generally speaking, a typical 2-times-per-day double run. Years ago they (and many years before them channel 10 in an earlier incarnation of the show) did something similar with Family Feud in "normal" slots, filling in the remainder in seemingly haphazard graveyard slots.

So whether they're actually only running three or four episodes or have the remainder slotted elsewhere may be the question. They might be running out the clock on an obligation with Men and splitting the prime time slot up, or have yet another scenario where they're running things in multiple slots to get the full count in.

Well, turns out you were right. They air 2 more episodes Sunday at 5pm, though I don't understand a 6 episode/week schedule.

Last edited:
Perhaps five episodes plus a weekend run for 6 total. Not unheard of for weekend airings of the weeknight strips to be included in the packages (if 2.5 Men is still barter--I don't know that off hand).

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom