• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

1520 in San Antonio is for rent

A

AnyHuman

They're announcing a looped message on KQQB 1520 in San Antonio that the station is for rent, and to call them for the details.

Any guesses on who will rent it? It's AM, so it may take awhile to find someone.

And they're illegally running the station at night too. I caught them around 11 pm under KOKC 1520 Oklahoma City's signal a few days ago.

LOL it's funny to see you going after it, Billy. One of the people listed on the announcement whom you can call for details is named Bill.
And it's on again tonight, after all the other daytime stations have shut off. The mic cuts in and out a lot too.

I'm sure they didn't spend a lot of time on this setup.

It's off at night now. But they're still looking for a renter. Anyone on here wanna be on the air? LOL

I just stumbled onto it while tuning around. KQQB was coming in fairly well for a signal that shouldn't go into northeast Texas. And looking at their pattern it doesn't cover the whole San Antonio market.

For a couple days at least the message on KQQB is gone, replaced with a weird buzzing/grumbling noise. Yeah, they'll really start getting calls flowing in now!

1520AM is a strange yet beautiful experience for me.

In the morning, I can hear KYND out of Houston.

After 4:30pm, I hear KQQB.

After sunset, I hear KOKC.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom