• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

What the Hell Did Tim Conway, Jr Say?

Say it isn't so. The ever popular, but significantly dated feature "What The Hell Did Jesse Jackson Say? is going to once a month. No more "...yes suhrrr" and "..we are fam-ah-lee" drops as Conway moves the one hour tongue twisting malaprop melee to the last Thursday of each month. So that leaves Mark Thompson on Tuesday and Ding Dong on Friday. What am k-f-I going to do on Thursdays now?

Say it isn't so. The ever popular, but significantly dated feature "What The Hell Did Jesse Jackson Say? is going to once a month. No more "...yes suhrrr" and "..we are fam-ah-lee" drops as Conway moves the one hour tongue twisting malaprop melee to the last Thursday of each month. So that leaves Mark Thompson on Tuesday and Ding Dong on Friday. What am k-f-I going to do on Thursdays now?

I always wondered how he cam keep coming up with new material after all these years.

It is as stale as they come. How many times do you hear the old rehashed stories gags and jokes? Do you really want to hear what Ding Dong means for the umpteenth time?

I always wondered how he cam keep coming up with new material after all these years.

Conway would recycle clips. I've listened to his show 2-3 times a week since 2010 and hear the same clips over and over. He's probably got like 200 clips.

The whole schtick was never really about Jesse Jackson, or at least it hasn't been for years. It's an excuse for kids to call in (ages 9-13 with parental permission) and Conway to chat with the kids and then their parents. That never gets old and is really cute. I think he's replaced it with "Ding Dong," a true/false quiz he does on Fridays. But again, it's not really about the game, but rather a chance for kids to call in and be on the radio.

Conway would recycle clips. I've listened to his show 2-3 times a week since 2010 and hear the same clips over and over. He's probably got like 200 clips.

The whole schtick was never really about Jesse Jackson, or at least it hasn't been for years. It's an excuse for kids to call in (ages 9-13 with parental permission) and Conway to chat with the kids and then their parents. That never gets old and is really cute. I think he's replaced it with "Ding Dong," a true/false quiz he does on Fridays. But again, it's not really about the game, but rather a chance for kids to call in and be on the radio.

So he encourages White kids to call in and make fun of "negro" dialect? Do they still tell "n!gger" jokes at the water cooler too?

Plenty of middle-class Hispanic kids calling in, too.

How can you tell socio-economic level by listening to a talk show? I wish I could get demographic data that way!

Conway not racist

So he encourages White kids to call in and make fun of "negro" dialect? Do they still tell "n!gger" jokes at the water cooler too?

Personally I find the feature tedious and boring, usually switching to another station when encountering it. But making fun of "negro" dialect? No - Jesse Jackson's enunciation isn't dissect, its unique to him. Interestingly his talk show is distributed by the same company that owns KFI. http://keephopealiveradio.iheart.com/ Note the iheartmedia copyright at the bottom of the page.

Maybe this little lamb has indeed lost his way. Tim should consider mixing up the feature along the lines of...

What the hell did Sean Spicer say?

What the hell did Maxine Waters say?

What the hell did Dubya say?

What the hell did Raul Grijalva say?

What the hell did Caitlyn Jenner say?

What the hell did Bernie Sanders say?

What the hell did Bill Handel say?

...hey, wait a minute.

He also said, "If you're flying an American Flag in your yard, your solar panels better be American made"

Check the origin of that flag, too. I remember going to a convenience store a couple of days after 9/11 and seeing a new display on the counter -- a bunch of little US flags for sale. All of them were made in China.

What the hell did Bill Handel say?

...hey, wait a minute.

That... would... be.... AWESOME!!!!!!!!

I'm surprised he hasn't done that bit. Unless he's afraid Bill would get pissed.

How can you tell socio-economic level by listening to a talk show? I wish I could get demographic data that way!

Eh... Always be polite and just assume everyone is middle class until they prove otherwise.

I once heard Jim Rome do something that was similar, with Seahawks' coach Pete Carroll's voice (Pete has a tendency to really clip words sometimes). Rome timescrunched it a bit to make it even faster, though.

KFI needs to be brought into the 21st century. It was only a few years ago the on air staff had the diversity of a bag of marshmallows. It took a Black Lesbian's criticism and threat of FCC complaint to get them to hire people of color for on air host duties. Elisabeth Espinosa, Mo Kelly, and Monique Marvez where employed after her public berating of KFI's sad hiring history. John Ziegler blew the whistle on them after they canned him for not kowtowing to their unethical and dysfunctional ways.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom