KSOC - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: KSOC

No. There is KHYI/KXEZ. Its a mom and pop owned radio station.
    If you like it or don't like it, learn to love it, because it's the best that's going around. Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!-Ric Flair

Quote Originally Posted by johndavis View Post
    I think the family that owns KKDA and KRNB enjoys being the last mom & pop stations in the market. You know they've had many offers. They're still there.

The only way those signals go up for sale is for mom & pop to pass away and their children decide they don't want to be in radio.

There are no signs of that happening anytime soon.

If you like it or don't like it, learn to love it, because it's the best that's going around. Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!-Ric Flair

Quote Originally Posted by miketheradioguy View Post
    Hearst is another example of someone who didn't sell all their radio stations since the passing of the 1996 Telecom Act. If iHeartMedia owned both 98 Rock and NewsRadio 1090 in Baltimore, it would've improved their status in the market. For example, iHeartMedia would have the ability to add their best syndicated talk shows on 1090, including Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck, and Coast to Coast AM.

As for Service Broadcasting, I was only thinking of strategies of how Urban AC could be covered in the full market, given that the format only covers the north side. I'm not necessarily saying that the stations should be sold to Urban One, but Urban AC in Dallas-Fort Worth needs improvement in terms of coverage.

I bet if Entercom launches a 3rd Urban AC in Dallas-Fort Worth once their merger with CBS Radio closes, it could greatly improve their status.
    That could be a possibility, but why would CBS/Entercom get back into a format they abandoned when they had KRBV back in 1996. CBS doesn't want to program those stations. I was told that by a sales manager a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by salemjedi54 View Post
    That could be a possibility, but why would CBS/Entercom get back into a format they abandoned when they had KRBV back in 1996. CBS doesn't want to program those stations. I was told that by a sales manager a long time ago.
    You're confusing yourself. Entercom will be running those stations once the merger closes, so they'll be the ones making the format decisions, not CBS.

Quote Originally Posted by salemjedi54 View Post
    Eh, I consider those more as Texoma stations. Their Dallas market penetration is relatively poor, despite how desperately they try to call themselves Dallas stations. Service Broadcasting is definitely the only full market Class C holder.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12