• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Matter of Fact with Soledad O Brien is renewed

http://www.adweek.com/tvspy/soledad...on-hearst-owned-stations-in-prime-time/193876

Here's an update. I know KCRA Sacramento (Hearst Owned) has aired "State Of Addiction" PSA's between News Segments before but this time its from Soledad O'Brien.

Former CNN anchor Soledad O’Brien is hosting a one-hour prime time special focusing on the seemingly omnipresent opioid crisis.

The special, Matter of Fact: State of Addiction, will originate from the Newseum in Washington, and will air across Hearst-owned stations on September 13 at 10 p.m. ET / 9 p.m. CT.

The program part of a year-long multi-platform news and investigative series, supplemented with community-based efforts, that the Hearst station group launched earlier this year to inform local audiences of the opioid crisis and efforts to develop solutions.

The program will feature live inserts from the Hearst stations, interaction with the stations’ news anchors addressing the crisis in their respective markets, field reports from around the country, social-media elements to enable viewer engagement, and interviews – which will be confirmed closer to air date — with major national figures engaged with the crisis.

O’Brien currently hosts Hearst’s weekly syndicated political magazine show Matter of Fact with Soledad O’Brien, which premiered in August 2016.

“There is no doubt that the opioid epidemic is a national emergency and, quite frankly, a challenging story to cover,” said O’Brien. “Each day brings more disturbing instances of overdoses and family tragedies, and – although it is hard to watch – these stories need to be told.

“During this prime time special, and in partnership with our local stations, we will investigate the breadth, depth and impact of this crisis, and uncover new strategies and solutions to address it,” she added.

http://www.tvnewscheck.com/mobile/index/article/id/107099

Note Matter of Fact is a Hearst Television produced show but also this talk show airs on WNBC New York and KNTV San Jose in the article.

Matter of Fact is notably on Hearst owned stations like KCRA and WCVB.

I never heard of it and then last Sunday I couldn't sleep I saw it on WVIT The NBC O&O in Hartford. I think it was on at 5AM as a lead-in to the news at 5:30AM.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom