• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Genesis Radio media confirmed to air Hurricane Irma Coverage

http://www.adweek.com/tvspy/wplg-br...icane-center-director-in-irma-coverage/193900

Bill Pohovey, news director at BH Media-owned ABC affiliate WPLG says the station has been in extended coverage since Sunday, and began live, around-the-clock coverage Thursday at 4 a.m.

The station had signed on Max Mayfield, former Director of the National Hurricane Center, earlier this year for hurricane season coverage. Pohovey says it’s unclear how long coverage will last.

Here’s a list of Florida stations streaming coverage:

Miami/Ft. Lauderdale:

WPLG (ABC 10)

WFOR (CBS 4)

WTVJ (NBC 6)

WSVN (FOX 7)

Tampa/St. Pete:

WFTS (ABC 28)

WTSP (CBS 10)

WFLA (NBC 8)

WTVT (FOX 13)

Orlando/Daytona:

WFTV (ABC 9)

WKMG (CBS 6)

WESH (NBC 2)

WOFL (FOX 35)

Ft. Myers/Naples:

WZVN (ABC 7)

WINK (CBS 11)

WBBH (NBC 2)

WFTX (FOX 4)

Thanks for the info. Neither WWBA or WFLA makes it here to northern Pasco County at night, but since I have a portable HD radio I can listen to WFLA on 97.9 HD-2.

Well CBSN at this time has released a feed from WINK News of Fort Myers/Naples area. Currently they have been mainly sticking to the Wall to Wall Coverage from that station. My take here is that there no national staff available at that point due to the curfews that emergency services has just announced for Florida.

WTSP is reporting that Tampa is next on the list and also 94.9 FM, 98.5fm in the Tampa area and 1220am are all simulcasting WTSP News.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom