• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

wmid fm

Gunsmoke

Banned
Guess I can put this on the Philly board, was picking up a faint signal last night on 93.9 in Philly playing oldies, could not hear any ID. Today listening to WCMC can receive them in Philly, heard an ID which mentioned now on 93.9 that had to be the signal I heard last night. This is great news now when at the shore you can hear the full stereo sound on the oldies. Don't know what type coverage they will have being close to WSTW and WYSP. Only fly in the ointment is having Harvey doing the ID bad enough Pantano does one, why use those two.....

I remember being in Hammonton about a month or so ago and picking up WPG 1450 on the 104.1 FM signal. But, it seemed to be fighting with what appeared to be WAEB still from Allentown. I'm surprised that you had a listenable signal all the way in Philadelphia for that channel. Another thing I noticed, WNJN 89.7 is always really hard to get even during a good tropo. Anyone know why that is? I'm not close to WGLS or WDVR even. By the way, I live near Burlington, NJ.

Last edited:
Does Gary have the oldies pitched up to an unrecognizable speed as well? :confused:

Maybe they were testing that night or a great tropo, because since then there is no trace of them. I did notice the music is pitched up a bit, also its more recent and a bit more rhythmic, sounds like shades of soul man Harveys taste, I sure hope he is not getting his hands in the pie, what happened to Linda Scott, Reperada and the Delrons, Janie Grant, Tab Hunter, Patty Duke and other staples I don't hear anymore.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom