• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Where did syndicated game shows air in your market?

We had a thread like this not too long ago...but I'll chime in. Here's several from Yakima-Tri Cities (market #122).
3's a Crowd (1979-80) was on KNDO/23.
The New Newlywed Game ('80s) was on KAPP/35 at 7:00 weeknights. They also had the old syndicated version in the late '70s.
The $1,000,000 Chance of a Lifetime aired on KAPP at 7:30, 1st season only. The 2nd season aired at noon on KIMA/29.
High Rollers (1987) aired at noon on KIMA.
Perfect Match (1986) aired on KAPP at 6:30pm weeknights.
The Joker's Wild (syndicated Jack Barry) aired on KAPP.
The Crosswits aired on KNDO at 6:30, in 1979-80.
Let's Make a Deal (syndicated) and the weekly syndicated Hollywood Squares aired on KAPP at 7:30 in 1976. They also aired Match Game PM on Friday nights, same time.
Like most Fox stations, Studs aired here, on our LP Fox station at the time (K53CY, now KCYU-LD 41).
Syndicated Ray Combs Family Feud was seen on KNDO at 5pm for a while, then disappeared never to be seen again. I don't think the Dawson revival was cleared either, and I have major doubts about Louie Anderson's version. KNDO cleared Karn's Feud. When John O'Hurley took over in 2006, the rights went to KAPP who placed it at 6pm I think. Steve Harvey's version started on KCYU and is now on KNDO, again.
Many game shows did not see the light of day in this small market, including some decent ones...and many duds.

Wheel and Jeopardy of course on WLOS/13 out of Asheville. They also had Tic Tac Dough with Wink Martindale, the original American Gladiators with Mike Adamle and a few others.

WSAP/7 had Family Feud, both with Richard Dawson and Ray Combs. They also had The Joker's Wild with Pat Finn, and the Challengers with Dick Clark. The Crosswits was on that station too.

We had a thread like this not too long ago...but I'll chime in. Here's several from Yakima-Tri Cities (market #122).
The New Newlywed Game ('80s) was on KAPP/35 at 7:00 weeknights. They also had the old syndicated version in the late '70s.
The $1,000,000 Chance of a Lifetime aired on KAPP at 7:30, 1st season only. The 2nd season aired at noon on KIMA/29.
Let's Make a Deal (syndicated) and the weekly syndicated Hollywood Squares aired on KAPP at 7:30 in 1976. They also aired Match Game PM on Friday nights, same time.
Like most Fox stations, Studs aired here, on our LP Fox station at the time (K53CY, now KCYU-LD 41).
Syndicated Ray Combs Family Feud was seen on KNDO at 5pm for a while, then disappeared never to be seen again. I don't think the Dawson revival was cleared either, and I have major doubts about Louie Anderson's version. KNDO cleared Karn's Feud. When John O'Hurley took over in 2006, the rights went to KAPP who placed it at 6pm I think. Steve Harvey's version started on KCYU and is now on KNDO, again.
Many game shows did not see the light of day in this small market, including some decent ones...and many duds.

The New Newlywed Game ('80s) was on WLOS/13. They also had The Dating Game too. Let's Make a Deal (syndicated) was on WYFF, at least back when Jay Stewart was the announcer(1970s). WSPA had it, at least in 1986.

WYFF/4 had Wheel in the early syndie days. I wonder if they are regretting giving up Wheel in 1985, given how popular it was?

WYFF in Greenville aired the evening Hollywood Squares with Peter Marshall-usually on Wednesdays. then it aired on Monday nights as well when expanded to twice a week. My grandmom used to watch it every Monday night back then.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom