• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WBZ to Carry Patriots games til 2022

http://www.tvnewscheck.com/article/106928/wbz-boston-renews-patriots-through-2022

CBS O&O WBZ Boston (DMA 9) has renewed its exclusive programming rights agreement with the New England Patriots and Kraft Sports Productions to broadcast all preseason games and postseason programming as well as Patriots All Access, Patriots GameDay and 5thQuarter. The multi-year renewal extends the exclusive partnership through the 2022 season.

“We are thrilled to once again be the exclusive programming partner for the five-time Super Bowl Champion New England Patriots,” said Mark Lund, WBZ president-GM. “The Patriots preseason games this August have garnered more viewers than the average regular season audiences for the Red Sox, Celtics and Bruins combined. The New England Patriots success has been unparalleled on the field and in our community. We are extremely proud to continue our invaluable partnership with the Patriots and Kraft Sports Productions in providing fans the most comprehensive coverage of New England’s favorite sports team.”

Yes this is the contract.

more viewers than the average regular season audiences for the Red Sox, Celtics and Bruins combined.
-------------
I have no doubt that this is correct. That doesn't mean though, that practice games, aren't worthless. A lousy product in which regulars avoid playing, so as not to be inj. before the season even starts. It's a total ripoff for mindless nfl fans.

more viewers than the average regular season audiences for the Red Sox, Celtics and Bruins combined.
-------------
I have no doubt that this is correct. That doesn't mean though, that practice games, aren't worthless. A lousy product in which regulars avoid playing, so as not to be inj. before the season even starts. It's a total ripoff for mindless nfl fans.

The regulars may want to avoid playing in them completely, but they need to play in at least one of them, usually two. This year, that was one too many for Julian Edelman.

The practice games are also heavily viewed by fantasy league players, whose hobby requires them to find out as much as they can about every rookie on every roster before the all-important draft. Gambling also goes on on preseason NFL games -- and football itself is by far the most popular American team sport to gamble on (soccer is No. 1 globally) -- so gamblers with nothing but financial interest in what they're watching inflate the viewership totals more than they do for regular season baseball, hockey or basketball.

Last edited:
If the Bruins, Celtics and Red Sox only played 16 games a season, I bet their numbers would be higher.

That said, I never miss a Pats game. And I watch the preseason games usually until halftime at least.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom