• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KOY AM and FM flipping to Regional Mexican

DavidEduardo

Moderator/Administrator
Staff member
This piece is being presented to agency time buyers and says it all;

"Hi All,

iHeartMedia Phoenix is excited to announce that we will be launching a NEW Hispanic station, El Patrón, on Thursday, September 14th.

Attached is the El Patrón media kit.

Launch info includes:

- El Patrón will air on 93.7FM/1230AM (will keep KOY call letters)
- Format is Mexican Regional
- Launch date is Thursday, September 14th
- El Patrón will be Commercial Free until Monday, October 2nd
"

The 93.7 signal is moving to a 99 watt facility on South Mountain, giving it a HAAT of over 1500 feet.

If they pronounce them right, it could sound like "Oye". Sure more likely to attract more ratings than the bland talker they have now.

I believe this is CC Phoenix's first incursion into Spanish-language radio?

Cinquenta y cinco Fenix Kah-Oh-EegreeAgah

YIKES! KNAI must be tremblin' in their botas. Wonder why I ♥ Debt was late to launch El Patron in the Valley? 12~Thirty has been laying goose eggs since Danny Davis and worn out oldies departed...smooth jazz, all business, KFYI-2, and now Espanol. Well, at least the rentals on that tall stick pay for the electricity and property taxes for the crack house on Buckeye Rd.

With the sub-cap to be lifted this or next month - this is a good way to pressure an AM friendly Spanish language operator to end some nuisance with a purchase so Clear Channel can buy another FM.

With the sub-cap to be lifted this or next month - this is a good way to pressure an AM friendly Spanish language operator to end some nuisance with a purchase so Clear Channel can buy another FM.

There are no AM friendly Spanish language broadcasters. Hispanics way under-index in AM usage.

As to the FCC, there is no firm indication that sub-caps will be limited.

Poor I ♥ Debt...they've tried everything with 12~Thirty, except to sell it. Now that it's paired with a translator presents an opportunity. Wonder if CCF would like to have two Ancient Modulation stations and two FM translators to go with their half of 88~Three? Nah.

Now, can someone 'splain to Nurse Jeff and me how they were able to move the three letter calls from 5~Fifty to 12~Thirty? And does I ♥ Debt really think the KOY call letters have any value? ....maybe to Gary Edens.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom