• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

New "DJ" at BEN

This is downright absurd. This is why talented on-air guys are having harder times getting jobs. They're letting a computer chip host a show. ****ing ridiculous, clueless, and a waste of time. No one is tuning in to listen to "alexa"

This is downright absurd. This is why talented on-air guys are having harder times getting jobs. They're letting a computer chip host a show. ****ing ridiculous, clueless, and a waste of time. No one is tuning in to listen to "alexa"

This is no different than letting actors, singers, rappers and comedians take the jobs from people who actually went to college to get into the radio business. I'd prefer an intern do it. It's all about decreasing payroll so the higher ups get another raise.

It's all about decreasing payroll so the higher ups get another raise.

Or maybe because the listeners prefer something different.

The fact is these devices are selling. No one is buying traditional AM/FM radios, but millions are rushing out to buy Echos and similar devices. Why?

Whoa, whoa, whoa. haha. It's just a stunt. No one is getting misplaced. If anything, someone is getting a day off!

For me, the question is: What is a "skill?"

A skill is their term for adding a functionality to Alexa--not an app exactly, but in my mind sort of akin to one. I've added the Sirius XM skill, for instance. You need to enable those skills for the device to be able to do a certain task.

It's just a one-time, four hour stunt. A clever idea, good sales gimmick, and really not a problem. To the degreee that the future incorporates such devices and streaming solutions, incorporating something like this makes perfect sense.

A skill is their term for adding a functionality to Alexa--not an app exactly, but in my mind sort of akin to one. I've added the Sirius XM skill, for instance. You need to enable those skills for the device to be able to do a certain task.

It's just a one-time, four hour stunt. A clever idea, good sales gimmick, and really not a problem. To the degreee that the future incorporates such devices and streaming solutions, incorporating something like this makes perfect sense.

Thanks for the explanation!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom