• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

FNC Still on Top (33 Weeks and Counting)

Where is CNN? In the bottom of the ratings?

According to the article linked in the OP:

Basic Cable Top 5 – Total Day (Total Viewers)
1.Fox News (1,280,000)
2.Nickelodeon (1,134,000)
3.MSNBC (1,088,000)
4.CNN (908,000)
5.Adult Swim (797,000)

Fair question. MSNBC is not doing better because of anything its done, but mostly by the changes at Fox. Fox is poorly managed right now, but the fact that they can stay on top despite managerial ineptitude does demonstrate how strong their brand is. If Sinclair does add O'Reilly and say, Sharyl Atkisson to prime time, that wouldn't help them.

Fair question. MSNBC is not doing better because of anything its done, but mostly by the changes at Fox.

I disagree. The numbers at MSNBC have practically doubled in the last year. That didn't happen because of Fox. That happened because MSNBC tightened up their presentation. CNN is basically where it was a year ago, and hasn't grown at all. MSNBC has jumped ahead of them. Not because of CNN, but because MSNBC is doing a better job at what they do.

No, they aren't doing a better job, you just have an audience seeking left wing bent programming because of the election and MSNBC is the only game in town.

How can they be doing anything better since they're doing the exact same thing they've been doing for years?

How can they be doing anything better since they're doing the exact same thing they've been doing for years?

But they're not doing the same thing. The circumstances have changed, and they've adapted to those changes in a way that has attracted an audience that wasn't there before.

They're also not the only game in town if you believe the president. He says the entire media is left wing. Not just MSNBC.

Now Fox News has to contend with other Pro-Trump competitors such as Sinclair, The Blaze, Breitbart, Infowars, and others for that audience. The real question here is how long will this take until Fox News realize that they can't just rely on only Pro-Trump audiences.

They were absolutely CLOBBERED on Sunday as viewers looked to FNC and CNN for reliable Hurricane Harvey coverage.

No question, and I've said for a long time that their weekend programming is awful. They had announced that Lockup was going to go, but as you can see, it's still there. It's long outlived its usefulness, and is killing their weekend numbers. They'd be better off with historical documentaries, as CNN has done. I bet repeats of their weeknight programming would do better.

BTW I think the Weather Channel got better ratings than both CNN and Fox.

I have seen in the Channel guide that they do air Rachel Madow Saturday Night repeat of Friday but I haven't ever watched Madow.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom