• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

AM Frequency of the week: 820

Finally, I was able to null KGO 810 splatter just enough to hear the call letters WBAP a couple of times!!

Happy camper here, this is a new catch!!! For the record, it took some patience and time to find the sweet spot. Additionally, there is no way WBAP would be listenable ( just to much splatter from KGO ).

Lastly, I do hear a Spanish station also, but have no clue where it would be coming from.

Here in Wood Dale, IL in the near NW suburb of Chicago:

Daytime: WCPT with solid signal from the tower they share with WSBC on Milwaukee Avenue
Nightime: WCPT, but nullable to bring in WBAP and some times CHAM

DX/RETRO: As for the calls from Chicago on 820, if I remember correctly right before they sold the Elmhurst site they briefly used the WPNT calls as well. As a result of losing the Elmhurst site the frequency was open for a while in Chicago area, which usually meant hearing either WBAP or CHAM. The only other stations heard on this frequency by me are WMGG (Largo, FL), WWAM (Jasper, TN) and Radio Ciudad Cadena from Cuba in 1982. Also back in the good old days it was fairly easy to log Radio Paradise, St. Kitts on the split frequency of 825 kHz.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom