• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Eboni K. Williams targeted over segment criticizing the president

This probably will come off as trivial to some folks -- a misplaced priority. But I'll try to express it anyway and connect it up.
Having worked in music radio (DJ, PD, MD) for some 30 years ..... and having gotten disgusted with the assembly-line rubbish that's passed for commercial pop music the last quarter century -- niched into fragments and even dust ..... and having sensed the musical and social dichotomy among youth *before* most of the new leisure alternatives were invented .....
Well, I've maintained for nearly the last twenty years that the only thing that will save radio from its erosion is either
a) A new, unified youth culture 12-24
b) A notable social upheaval
c) God forbid, a war.

'a' is impossible.
That leaves 'b' and 'c'.

The recent ingredients of 'b' have begun to be assembled just in recent weeks alone.

This whole Fox brouhaha brings up another radio point, ai4i :

That was the discussion on here and the other NY radio board -- about vocal and opinionated (sometimes gutter-mouthed) air personalities being disciplined, fined, threatened or fired for going on the radio *specifically* to be vocal, opinionated, besieged, and sometimes potty-mouthed.

Dunno about you, a141, but soon we're going to be laying in a tankard of V-8 here for the big one. It's the only drink that tastes good at room temperature, plus it's great with vodka and a tablespoon of horseradish.

Thanks for the tunes!

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom