• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Why do people who smoke pot want everyone else stoned ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamster

Frequent Participant
I live in Denver where pot is legal. Why is it that most people who smoke pot want everyone else stoned ?? Within the last year we lost so many friends because of marijuana. Some are so into "pot is good & healthy" that they even say that marijuana is better for you than anything from McDonalds and many of those people think children should have access to pot. I went to the eye doctor last month and he pulled out a joint and said "..this is good for your eyes" !! I didn't smoke with him and he became very offended. A few months ago a woman was in the process of buying a computer from my other half. Long story short she lit up a joint and I had to throw her out of our home. We just don't want our place to smell of pot. Our neighbor was also offended because we wouldn't smoke pot with him that we no longer speak. Is smoking pot like drinking alone as some don't like to do it ??? When someone isn't interested in pot why try to make him/her stoners ??

Hamster, your pot-smoking "friends" seem to have no manners. Since when is it OK to light up anything (cigs, cigars, pipes etc.) in someone else's house without permission? I have friends that smoke but none of them would even think about lighting up in my house. They even ask if it is OK to smoke outside. This seems to be the accepted norm these days. I don't think smoking pot instead of tobacco is any different.

I don't have any problem telling others I am not a smoker and don't appreciate smoking in my vicinity. You shouldn't either.

I had a friend smoke a tobacco cigarette in my car after telling him he couldn't. A bunch of us were at his house watching football. His car was in the driveway blocked in and he asked if he can drive my car to go to the store and pick up some food. I told him yeah as long as I came with him. He said of course. (He gave me some kind of lame excuse that because a few years earlier he had been hurt in a car crash he's scared to be a passenger in a car other than a car driven by his parents. Not his older brother. Not his girlfriend. Not any of his friends). So we're on our way t the store and he told me he was going to smoke a cigarette. I told him no. He told me that he's the driver of the car he makes the rules. I told him the owner of the car makes the rules and the driver gets to pick the radio station. He smoked it anyway and I had to ride around with both windows rolled down for a week in the freezing cold winter to get the smell of cigarette smoke out of the car.

And you guys wanna know something? All my friends who are smokers took my side and not my friend's. They were like "Oh my god. That was so rude of him. I would never do that."

This same friend his parents doesn't allow smoking in the house - cigarettes or weed. It's okay in the garage or outside or in his own car.

I live in Denver where pot is legal. Why is it that most people who smoke pot want everyone else stoned ?? Within the last year we lost so many friends because of marijuana. Some are so into "pot is good & healthy" that they even say that marijuana is better for you than anything from McDonalds and many of those people think children should have access to pot. I went to the eye doctor last month and he pulled out a joint and said "..this is good for your eyes" !! I didn't smoke with him and he became very offended. A few months ago a woman was in the process of buying a computer from my other half. Long story short she lit up a joint and I had to throw her out of our home. We just don't want our place to smell of pot. Our neighbor was also offended because we wouldn't smoke pot with him that we no longer speak. Is smoking pot like drinking alone as some don't like to do it ??? When someone isn't interested in pot why try to make him/her stoners ??

It is legal where I live too. (Washington State) My next door neighbor smokes outside every day. He only asked me and my wife one time. He is happy to have more for him. :)

Before we got together, my wife roomed with a woman who smoked marijuana. Since she's a school bus driver and at the time was trying to transfer her credentials to a new state, she was deathly afraid of failing her drug test from second hand pot.

I went to high-school in the 1970's. Pot was EVERYWHERE.
It was literally like a Cheech and Chong movie. I was one of a handful of guys at my
high-school who did not smoke it. (I don't even smoke cigarettes...I would have looked
really stupid taking a drag on a joint and coughing my lungs out for the next fifteen minutes).

However, all of my friends who did smoke it never hassled me on my choice not to partake.
Nor did I get in their face about being "stoners". We attended parties together and got along
just fine. I guess we just agreed to politely disagree.

I live in Denver where pot is legal. Within the last year we lost so many friends because of marijuana.
You know you are full of Ear Wax. We have an Opioid epidemic going on in this Country, 60,000 people died last year and you have the nerve to post you've lost so many friends within the last year because of marijuana. I haven't lost one friend within the past 50 years. You need to get some new, clean friends?

Hot Hits, perhaps you don't know how they refine marijuana into wax and shatter. Hell, I didn't even know what wax and shatter was when I saw it advertised in our local daily newspaper here in CO. Basically the oils containing THC in the marijuana plant are refined to provide an extremely potent high when heated and smoked. Smoking weed in its natural form can be likened to drinking a beer. Wax and shatter...Everclear.

Marijuana is as good for you as tobacco. And it isn't just an opioid epidemic, it's an escape epidemic. Pick your poison. Should all these vices be legal? Yes, because we know the alternative hasn't worked. But when your right to drive stoned interferes with my right to travel down the same roadway without fear of getting killed, then we have a problem.

Again, you're another "half-reader" who doesn't comprehend the entire post before reacting, or you just want to flame the thread.

Hamster, your pot-smoking "friends" seem to have no manners. Since when is it OK to light up anything (cigs, cigars, pipes etc.) in someone else's house without permission? I have friends that smoke but none of them would even think about lighting up in my house. They even ask if it is OK to smoke outside. This seems to be the accepted norm these days. I don't think smoking pot instead of tobacco is any different.

I don't have any problem telling others I am not a smoker and don't appreciate smoking in my vicinity. You shouldn't either.

Thank You !!

Since pot begin to be legal in Colorado well Denver does have this law that you can't smoke it public but it is NOT enforced. Love it when somebody from Indiana tells me that law in Denver but the cops here in Denver ( don't know about the suberbs ) will not enforce it. The lady and the joint I told her to step outside but she went on and on and on about how pot is "safer" than Pepsi even safer than our pet rats and she has the right to smoke it anywhere !! Not in my house !! Not all but there are those who think pot is safe and they can smoke it wherever in Denver, Nothing like going to a Walgreens and the guy in front of the line is high, don't even know the birthdays of his own kids..and the Walgreens staff does nothing !! The non-smokers ?? Many of them tell me that it is just a joint why not...not me !! Denver has always been liberal with pot but once it became legal all bets are off. In the old days people were private about pot but now so many of them feel they can smoke it anywhere.

Last edited:
Hot Hits, perhaps you don't know how they refine marijuana into wax and shatter. Hell, I didn't even know what wax and shatter was when I saw it advertised in our local daily newspaper here in CO. Basically the oils containing THC in the marijuana plant are refined to provide an extremely potent high when heated and smoked. Smoking weed in its natural form can be likened to drinking a beer. Wax and shatter...Everclear.

Marijuana is as good for you as tobacco.

Please dont tell me what I do or do not know, nor call me a name or accuse me of flame. With that said I like your post and agree about concentrates.

Misery loves company is the best answer as to why pot heads want everyone else stoned. As much as they might try to defend their habit, they know it's unhealthy.

Marc, that fella is no friend to you. I hope you never let him in your car again. The irony is that many who'd light up marijuana in a second would be upset if someone were to smoke tobacco in their presence.

California and possibly other blue states has both Pot and E-Cigs and its legal but then again lets wait 20-30 years for more research and how that plays out in the long term. I live in California and Pot is a big deal here too.

It will be interesting how many other state legislatures will debate this though in the next few years though.

The irony is that many who'd light up marijuana in a second would be upset if someone were to smoke tobacco in their presence.

Definitely agreed there. Even in areas where pot may be legal if smoking tobacco isn't allowed then neither should pot. In Tennessee there are laws in place where it is illegal to smoke in public buildings, including stores and restaurants with the exception of restaurants or bars that don't allow anyone under 21 in. And although It isn't mentioned I believe that should include e-cigarettes. When I worked in Lowe's we had problems with people coming in with e-cigarettes. There was one young lady I worked with that got sick because of someone with an e-cigarette. I had asked some managers several times if something couldn't be done to stop them, and nothing was ever done, but I had no reservations about telling people to get it out of my face.

Yet some people are total jerks even with tobacco in stores. Some people would come in Lowe's with unlit cigarettes or cigars in their mouths, and some thought they could smoke in the garden center even that was not allowed either. Some people would get mad if we said anything, but I personally didn't care whether they liked it or not. Then there was one jerk who wasn't smoking but had a t-shirt on that said "Yes I smoke, so F**K OFF!" :p

It is good for your eyes. If you have glaucoma. Marijuana has many legitimate medical uses.

My father had glaucoma and I'm in the early stages of it. The main ingredient in marijuana that is used to treat glaucoma is available in pills or drops and there is no need to smoke it. Although I'd agree that it might should be legal for medical use, if it's available in a pill or some other form where it doesn't have to be smoked, that should be the first option. In too many cases I think making it legal for medical use is just a way for some people to claim some condition as a convenient excuse to smoke pot.

One night at work last year a co-worker smoked weed on his break. He didn't put on any cologne or body spray afterwards and I thought I was going to get a contact high just standing next to him talking to him.

Then another night. The same co-worker (he's also a supervisor) again smoked weed on his break and again didn't put on any cologne or body spray. He did put Visine in his eyes though. He's standing next to one of the other supervisors and he asks the guy why he smells like weed smoke. He insists that the guy is crazy and he doesn't smell like weed smoke. So one by one the other supervisor asks about 1/2 dozen of us (including myself) if the other guy smells like weed smoke. We all said no. And the issues was dropped.

All of us disliked the supervisor who was asking about why the other supervisor smelled like weed and everyone likes "weed guy", so that's why we all lied. Some of the other supervisors and managers suspected he was using, but couldn't prove it. I don't recall if it was management or the Union who said just smelling like weed smoke isn't grounds for questioning about it.

I don't recall if it was management or the Union who said just smelling like weed smoke isn't grounds for questioning about it.

Perhaps not where you live but where I live if the cop that just pulled you over smells what he interprets as grass he has the legal right to search you and your vehicle.

You should not be taking legal advice from grocery store managers.

Perhaps not where you live but where I live if the cop that just pulled you over smells what he interprets as grass he has the legal right to search you and your vehicle.

I believe it is here too. Said supervisor got caught up in a mandatory seat belt checkpoint. Something the town of Southington, CT is notorious for. He had his seat belt on. The cop smelled something. He consented to a search because he hasn't smoked in more than 6 hours and he had nothing in the car. They found a baggie that at one time had weed in it and he was arrested for possession of paraphernalia. His record has since been expunged. One of his best friends left that "surprise" in the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom