• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Is 97.7 changing formats?

theradioman

New Participating Member
I was listening to 97.7 Saturday night and heard Big Pun, LL Cool J, and some other hip hop tracks. Are they changing formats to go up against 96.9?

Sound the same to me on my brief stops there.
Saturday night might be a special show at adds more hip-hop..

I've noticed that they have tweaked their format (not a full blown format change) to include more classic hip hop and a few more recent songs presumably to compete with 96.9.

I'm keeping all eyes on the CBS Radio-Entercom merger to see what's going to happen post-merger, because I'm ready for anything to happen once the Department of Justice approves the merger. In fact, I've been bracing for impact ever since this merger was announced. Boston is one of the six overlapping markets where Entercom will need to spin stations to stay within the FCC ownership caps. However, I'm going to expect the Department of Justice requiring Entercom to spin certain radio stations.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom