What's going on in Worcester?

Thread: What's going on in Worcester?

What's going on in Worcester?

Hearing all kinds of strange things coming out of the Cumulus cluster. OM vanishes abruptly a few weeks back, now the APD-Midday DJ resigns, and no one is talking officially. Anyone have details?

Who vanished and who resigned? I don't see anything different on the stations' websites regarding on-air personalities. I live in Shrewsbury and regularly listen to The Pike and catch WXLO somewhat occasionally. I don't listen to country so I don't listen to 98-9.

Quote Originally Posted by WMC2006 View Post
    Who vanished and who resigned? I don't see anything different on the stations' websites regarding on-air personalities. I live in Shrewsbury and regularly listen to The Pike and catch WXLO somewhat occasionally. I don't listen to country so I don't listen to 98-9.
    How good is your radio? I'm in Newton and WXLO is basically a local. It's signal goes literally everywhere, across all 6 New England states.

I don't think he's referring to the signal just stating he doesn't listen to WXLO very often.

And as mentioned if any of this is true about a midday resignation, the web site doesn't reflect it yet.

Yes, I was referring to listening to WXLO occasionally, not managing to catch the signal here and there.

Well I just checked those websites again and WXLO's middayer, Mary Knight, is missing from the on-air link. Checked XLO's Facebook page and, sure enough, there is a post from Mary on August 16th saying goodbye.

Drama

Apparently, it's a big deal. I checked with a friend there, and there are some legal issues at stake that stemmed from a workplace relationship that got ugly. Judging by the people who are gone, you can put 2 and 2 together. Not much more than that. No one is talking officially, though.

Who else is gone? Give us a name. I googled Mary Knight and a few years ago she married Tim Brennan who I believe was the morning show's producer.