• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Dan Rea Show Question

Birth name Gerald Jacoby. Maybe he spelled it Gerry before getting into radio. The Jacoby had to go, of course, the way most "Jewish-looking" surnames did in those days.

Obviously, we all know to whom the original poster was referring. As " Jerry " would say, only his mother would call him "Gerald". Doubt it was Jerald. Much of talk radio died with him and the rest with Gene Burns.... :)

Who is G.W. ??? It's Jerry Williams not Gerry Williams. It kind of takes away your credibility doesn't it Omnibus? Back you go on my ignore list.

Being ignored by you is a badge of honor.... :)

Jerry used to have a character 'Gerald Sir John' (I think) that used to mock the conservative commentator, Jeffrey St.John who was sort of a Limbaugh type long before Rush.
He had a very stylized delivery who I think was on Mutual among other networks. Jerry thought he was a ham in addition to being "FOB."

Dan's latest 'BZ promo has its usual edge. If I heard it correctly he said ' he's proud that we (US) ended slavery.' That's very nice.
It only took us about a century, a draft, and more than a half million killed and who knows how many maimed.

Dan's latest 'BZ promo has its usual edge. If I heard it correctly he said ' he's proud that we (US) ended slavery.' That's very nice.
It only took us about a century, a draft, and more than a half million killed and who knows how many maimed.

Some places in the world still have it......

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom