• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Yesterday's Forecasts Today

Cap-n Spackle

Leading Participant
1260 The Buzz, the station that plays two things at the same time on weekends, has been playing day-old Rosenthal forecasts all day.

Oh, my, when AM 1110 WCCM in Salem, NH was a talk station, this was a very frequent occurrence, albeit with a different weather guy. And a few of their sports reports in the winter featured "last night's" Red Sox scores!

I'm glad to see the tradition of "who cares what we air" is alive and well.

WCRN-AM 830 used to do it quite frequently when they used Mark Rosenthal. When they went with Boston 25 weather forecasts I figured everything would be current. Guess again...last Thursday or Friday, a day old Boston 25 forecast was aired in afternoon drive.

WCRN is a train wreck. They never update their website, dropped a great local morning show for a TV simulcast, run infomercials weekdays disguised as talk shows, and have promos running at night during the music (which I actually enjoy) stating the infomercials are on at 9 a.m. even though the Boston Morning News is on until 10 a.m.

And as stated above consistently run day old weather reports.

Rosenthal : A Climate Denier

1260 The Buzz, the station that plays two things at the same time on weekends, has been playing day-old Rosenthal forecasts all day.

The only place I hear Marc Rosenthal when he appears on Morgan White, Jr's show. Wouldn't be surprised if Rosenthal can't tell one day from the next and gives the same forcast a ala Groundhog Day as a way of denying there is any climate change.... Same weather every day. Can understand why he is no longer on Ch. 5.

Seems to be a nice guys but his call to glory today is to do a hair replacement commercial. Sad

Rosenthal is just fine; the problem is with these seemingly unattended radio stations run by people who don't seem to care.

(T)he problem is with these seemingly unattended radio stations run by people who don't seem to care.

Amen to that, brother!

Just this morning, WRKO ran yesterday afternoon's 6:00 PM news, traffic, and weather report during the 10:00 AM feed from TTN. It wasn't the first time, either. However, methinks the problem is with the folks at TTN who send over the wrong audio, not the client station. This may explain why Mark's forecasts get repeated a day later.

Amen to that, brother!

Just this morning, WRKO ran yesterday afternoon's 6:00 PM news, traffic, and weather report during the 10:00 AM feed from TTN. It wasn't the first time, either. However, methinks the problem is with the folks at TTN who send over the wrong audio, not the client station. This may explain why Mark's forecasts get repeated a day later.

Is this what we can expect when "EnterCon" takes over the great WBZ?

There were times when Renegade Radio (WMEX) would air a forecast of Rosenthal's from a prior WEEK. It would clearly be sunny and very warm and humid and they'd be airing a forecast that said "rain most of the day with temps in the low 60's".

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom