• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Radio Geek Funny

Here we are 35 years later, and for the first time since then, the 97.1 frequency has produced top numbers in the adult demos.

Now in 1982 They were #1 in every key adult demo but since then this is by far the closest that frequency has come to repeating that feat. The over all #s in the mid to late 90s for 97.1 were higher but it was mostly all on the young end. In the just released July ratings 97.1 fm is #1 18-34, #1 18-49, and #3 25-54!

Sid Mark dropping Frank on ya, to Flex droppin' bombs on ya. From "It's you babe" to "b---H betta have my money", the progression of the 97.1 frequency has been interesting and it's great that it is once again the choice of New York adults to relax and unwind or shall I say 'chill.

Now on a more serious note, with the domination of WBLS, WQHT, and WWPR, this city is just craving a classic hip hop format. I really wonder, what does WPLJ have to lose? They are a bottom feeder that is billing low. They could ride the wave of classic hip hop, take the city by storm with it, and hey if 3 or 4 years later it burns out they could always go back to the WPLJ they are doing now. It is not the most difficult task in the world to use a full market signal to get the numbers that they have now, it would probably take a genius to program something that would get lower numbers.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom