• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WCHB 1200 Off On STA

Wow, ten towers!
Two towers short of KFXR in Dallas
I would love to tune them in half a mile south of their array at night!
One of these stations that you can hear in the middle of the main street but not on the sidewalks.
Windsor looks like a lost cause at night?

Last edited:
By judging WAOI's nighttime coverage map.

http://www.nf8m.com/pattern_maps/US-CA_nighttime/N-map_1200KHz.html

It will most likely be pretty ok in Ohio where I live, Elsewhere is just fine. I think I can catch that radio station signal tonight.
I have caught 820 WBAP pretty ok at night, and I think I will pick up WOAI too.
If You'll near or in the states that has covered by coverage of WAOI. You will most likely get it. Please let WCHB be off air for tonight... Wait a minute! How long do these AM radio stations can be off the air?

Last edited:
You'll receive WOAI in Ohio. I would catch numerous Spurs games at night; around/right before Sunrise, culprits from North Carolina and Pennsylvania would challenge/derail the WOAI signal.

Strange story about John Landecker allegedly working at WOAI circa 1966. It was a typo. It's listed in the 1973 Starship Radio Edition. Actually, it was WOIA 102.9 Ann Arbor. It also lists WTRX and WERX, along with WILS. Some people thought THAT was a typo, and rarely is WTRX shown in resumes, his first Top 40 gig in 1966, short but effective. He used the name "Dow Jones". WOIA (WWWW-FM), WTRX, WLS, and WLS-FM are now all coowned by Cumulus. Who would have predicted that in 1966?

Thanks, I had never heard of NF8M.com.
Some interesting maps!

I've found http://www.nf8m.com/patternmaps.html in a YouTube video once and I was really shocked about the nighttime coverage maps they carried. I've used this website to predict the North Dakota am stations, and it works pretty well, by seeing the coverage, and videos about the longer distances that the nighttime AM coverage map carries. It's sure is pretty accurate, But it's a little bit of outdated. But this website is worth it.

Last edited:
They show the 0.25 mV/m 50% Skywave contour, based on newer curves. Since it is in the South, the contours go further out, since the midpoint Latitude is further South.

Is 1610 the channel 37 of medium wave radio?
There is nothing on it!

I am confirming 1200 WOAI has been picked up by My home location, I was outside in the balcony where the computer is. I was listening to a person who talked about something I don't even know on the radio, and I've tuned into the iHeartRadio livestream of WOAI, and same person talking. The AM signal at first wasn't sounded so goodly, and then at Midnight, the station was pretty focused with moderate fades with a station or two underneath rarely. That's in My new log.

Last edited:
In My home location, I can pick up 1610 CHHA pretty weakly. CHHA is always there in My home location.
I hear low power city stations and used to hear the Lighthouse of the Carribbean.
When I was a child, I ran a part fifteen station slightly out of band and slightly overpowered on 1610,
then I connected an FM wireless mic to my TV antenna.
That is it!

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom