• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KSWB San Diego might lose their fox affiliation.

KUSI 51 \ 9 in San Diego just might get their wish after many years... being affiliated with FOX. (Even though they are owned by McKinnon, but sounds like FOX doesn't want anything to do with Sinclair anymore)

Last edited:
KUSI 51 \ 9 in San Diego just might get their wish after many years... being affiliated with FOX. (Even though they are owned by McKinnon, but sounds like FOX doesn't want anything to do with Sinclair anymore)

Also the owners of KTXL Sacramento and KSWB San Diego keeps talking about this "New Sinclair network" for months ever since the Tribune/Sinclair deal came into play and specifically Mark Hyman and Boris Epshteyn was named as the talk show hosts for this rumored Sinclair network that will affect Sinclair stations that loses their Fox affiliation. This includes WBFF Baltimore, KCPQ Seattle. Supposedly WGN America is going to air this rumored network too.

This thread got my attention. KSWB(AM) Seaside OR went on the air in 1968, originally half owned by The Brothers Four and continues with those call letters to this day so the San Diego station must have gotten their permission to use them at some point. The story I heard was that the calls were chosen because the owners liked the way they sounded. There was no mention of KFWB in the equation.

This thread got my attention. KSWB(AM) Seaside OR went on the air in 1968, originally half owned by The Brothers Four and continues with those call letters to this day so the San Diego station must have gotten their permission to use them at some point. The story I heard was that the calls were chosen because the owners liked the way they sounded. There was no mention of KFWB in the equation.

KSWB came from when they were a WB affiliate. Still wonder why they never went back to the original KTTY call letters when they became a FOX affiliate. (Would have matched network sister station KTTV in Los Angeles).

San Diego has not had an Ion outlet (as well as its previous iterations, Pax and "i"). Looks like they may get it with KSWB if things play out.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom