• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

21st Century Fox is in talks with Ion Media Networks for Fox Affiliation deal

If I was Fox you have 2 choices flip one of the ABC Stations more likely WOTV with Nexstar for Fox be much better than WZPX plus Fox47 would be none to happy because WXPX is duel market station being West Michigan & Lansing.

Here's an idea: Why not make This TV a regular network like Fox? Sinclair certainly would have a lot of stations, and even more if the Tribune merger is approved-- many of which would be "owned and operated". They have some original programming like 'Ring Of Honor', already making it more interesting than My Network TV...

Here's an idea: Why not make This TV a regular network like Fox? Sinclair certainly would have a lot of stations, and even more if the Tribune merger is approved-- many of which would be "owned and operated". They have some original programming like 'Ring Of Honor', already making it more interesting than My Network TV...

"Ring Of Honor" was moved to Charge! months ago.

with 21th Century Fox splitting up to 2 groups with the old group being bought out by Disney and the new Fox group remaining under the Murdoch family umbrella, i wouldn't be surprised if Fox is merged with Sinclair sooner or later (but in order to get that deal approve, Fox would have to sell some of it's O&O in markets where Sinclair is over the cap). plus Sinclair and Fox News shares the same political views so it wouldn't be a surprise if they want to buy "New Fox" from the Murdoch family.

i wouldn't be surprised if Fox is merged with Sinclair

I would. If Tribune is approved, Sinclair will be billions in debt. No money for other mergers. OTOH Fox will have lots of cash from Disney to buy things. The plan is for "New Fox" to move to News Corp, the Murdoch company that owns all the newspapers.

http://www.adweek.com/tvspy/fox-may-buy-10-sinclair-stations/198878

Here is an Update Fox is planning to get 10 divested Sinclair stations.

According to the Financial Times, the company is “finalising the purchase of about 10 US television stations from Sinclair Broadcast Group.”

Sinclair, FT reports, is selling the stations as part of a divestment to win FCC approval of its $3.9 billion acquisition of Tribune Media.

The markets include Seattle, where Tribune owns Fox affiliate KCPQ and Sinclair owns ABC affiliate KOMO and Denver where Tribune currently owns the KDVR-KWGN duopoly. The Fox-Sinclair deal is contingent on the Sinclair-Tribune deal closing.

Other markets that will see overlap, and may be included in the deal, include St. Louis (Tribune owns Fox affiliate KTVI, while Sinclair owns ABC affiliate KDNL); Salt Lake City (Tribune owns Fox affiliate KSTU, Sinclair owns CBS affiliate KUTV); Oklahoma City (Tribune owns Fox affiliate KOKH, and Sinclair owns NBC affiliate KFOR); also stations in Greensboro, Grand Rapids, Harrisburg, Richmond, and Des Moines may be in play.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom