• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WGN America

don't carry anymore Chicago programs that are seen on WGN TV, they stopped showing baseball games on the Superstation like Chicago Cubs baseball games, or nay games that they used to show nation wide. And yet I know that they still can, but why do they. They
They cannot show the Cubs, White Sox or Bulls anymore. They were grandfathered, and when they stopped doing so, they were no longer grandfathered.

Tribune must have been kicking themselves as you have to think that Cubs on WGN would have had good ratings during these past two years with the World Series.

I wasn't aware they stopped showing the WGN news. The last time I watched the channel, which was after the sports were dropped, they still had the news.

Oddly enough, WGN is still in the very basic broadcast package (with OTA's and shopping networks) on many cable systems.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom