• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WFIL newsman Allen Stone dead

I remember listening to his booming voice on Famous 56 WFIL, truly a brilliant, class act. He will be missed. Thanks Allen for all that you have done for Philadelphia.
Our sympathies go out to your family.

"This story headlines WFIL News, Allen Stone reporting!"

Me too, going back to grade school in the late '60s/early '70s. One morning newscast, (I'm sure my memory is fuzzy on this) the top story was some sports story (it may have been the Phillies last game at by-then Connie Mack Stadium when I was 9 yo), and Stone said "This story headlines WFIL *Sports*!) And when he got done the sports story, he said, "And now the *news* news!"

"Allen Stone... W F. I. L ... News!" [cannon shot] "Dr. Don Rose! WFIL Music!"

RIP Allen. At least made it into your 90s which my stepdad just missed. Say hi to DDR and Jim O'Brien for us.

ixnay

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom