• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

K248BD 97.5 on the air...maybe?

Mediafrog+

Walk of Fame Participant
Punched over to KFNC this morning along the Beltway in NW Harris County and found severe interference to their signal. At first I thought it might be tropo from KWTX-FM in Waco or KFTX in Corpus Christi, but the programming on the interfering station was Spanish language religious...which leads me to think that K248BD is on the air. Supposedly a rebroadcaster of KRCM 1380, but due to the choppy nature of the signal I was unable to confirm. There is no other station in this region that would fit that description, so I am assuming it is the new translator. The K248BD site is near the intersection of Mueschke Road and Waller-Tomball Road in NW Harris County, about 15 miles from Beltway 8.

Tough times for Gow Media. First they've have to deal with reduced daytime coverage for KGOW the past 18 months; now they've just had a good-sized chunk of their FM coverage area stepped on. KFNC in the past was solid in Tomball.

If anyone is in the area of the K248BD transmitter (which is near the NW corner of the Grand Parkway) perhaps they could confirm?

I also picked up what seemed to be some form of Spanish talk fighting KFNC along the Grand Parkway last week. I just switched to internet instead of dealing with the splattering mess. This translator invasion is killing FM radio for me. Too much interference does no one any good.

It sounded a bit "preachy", so it's possible it's a Bible thumping format. Can't say for sure.

K248BD completely destroys my reception of KFNC... getting religion en español here using a Tivoli Albergo table radio in Spring.

K248BD completely destroys my reception of KFNC... getting religion en español here using a Tivoli Albergo table radio in Spring.

Send a letter to the FCC (procedure is on FCC Mass Media division website) and tell them a station you enjoyed is being interfered with by a new station. Send a copy to KFNC. KFNC can get the translator moved or changed if the FCC gets a few of those letters that are verifiable.

@stan yes please let's all start saying illigals maybe that way we can have more attention!!! PLEASE...

If the new translator it's interfering with a full power just file with the FCC or contact the full power station so that they can help you. But please people let's be more smart and stop calling illegal something the FCC has already given or granted.

If they are not following the rules regarding power and their coverage and are interfering with full power broadcast station coverage, then the translators are operating illegally. Is that hard for you to comprehend?

WE are on it. They turned this thing on a week an a half ago. They have no license to cover filed and are operating with a omni directional antenna. Let the filing begin!

WE are on it. They turned this thing on a week an a half ago. They have no license to cover filed and are operating with a omni directional antenna. Let the filing begin!

tumblr_inline_nb6lrfvJzw1qhif6o.gif

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom