• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Carson Daly Leaves KAMP

TheBigA

Walk of Fame Participant
This just in:

https://www.allaccess.com/net-news/...7-1-amp-radio-los-angeles-morning-star-carson

Big news...this coupled with the news yesterday about the new PD could signal a format change...

Or just that the new PD wants to target the music better. Or a budget issue.

In my view, the format has no better spokesperson than Carson. His audience has grown up with him, and trusts him.

But he, like many of radio's best known personalities, has many jobs to juggle.

Last edited:
It's surprising to see Ryan Seacrest's rival exit as the morning host who also hosts a syndicated weekend countdown show. I'm predicting Westwood One will pull the plug on The Daly Download due to his departure from 97.1 AMP Radio.

This press release is likely B.S. KAMP's ratings have been mediocre for the past 18 months, I want to say. (Granted, KROQ is an even bigger underachiever.)

The fact this announcement came less than 24 hours after a PD change is more than likely not a spontaneous coincidence. My guess is Mr. Daly was offered an early buyout.

CBS's major market CHR performance as a group has been rather poor for a long time - so poor, in fact, that they threw in the towel on their CHR brands in Philadelphia and Houston. I still cannot believe they brought the underachieving "AMP" brand to Dallas!!!

This just in:
https://www.allaccess.com/net-news/...7-1-amp-radio-los-angeles-morning-star-carson

Big news...this coupled with the news yesterday about the new PD could signal a format change...

Or just that the new PD wants to target the music better. Or a budget issue.

In my view, the format has no better spokesperson than Carson. His audience has grown up with him, and trusts him.

But he, like many of radio's best known personalities, has many jobs to juggle.

Daly wanted to spend more time with his kids in the morning. Thats why he is leaving. Nothing more, nothing less.
He still has plenty of gigs to keep him busy. Quitting radio is not uncommon.

Daly wanted to spend more time with his kids in the morning. Thats why he is leaving. Nothing more, nothing less.

Yes that's what the press release says. The timing of it makes it something more. The fact that another major market AMP DJ left the same day makes it something more.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom