• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

What Boston stations' HD-2, HD-3 broadcasts are not available streaming online?...

Listeners not so much...but advertisers and competitors know that they are owning the format. That's why they just had a Christmas in July party for clients. They are doing everything in their power to say "we own the Christmas format"...even putting it on an HD channel....which doesn't cost them anything.

I'm guessing your not a 25-54 female....soyou are right, you are definitely the wrong demo! ;-)

(See above!) Since you're not a 25-54 yo female...so, guess what? They don't care!

Hey, I like 25-54 yo females as much as does the next guy, but why can't advertisers understand that those of us in the 55+ demo also have value?

Hey, I like 25-54 yo females as much as does the next guy, but why can't advertisers understand that those of us in the 55+ demo also have value?

When we start buying on impulse, constantly switch brands, and respond to "new and improved" sales pitches. But, by and large, we don't, and never have, and never will. We're too smart, too experienced to play that game. Since much consumer advertising is meant to convince the listener/viewer/reader to buy something he/she doesn't really need, or a new flavor or a new color scheme or something else totally insignificant, there is little money spent to advertise to us because so few sales result. You can get 25-54 females -- especially the younger end -- to be suckers for something new and flashy and trendy a whole lot easier, so that's where the money is spent. I guess we've just got to get more gullible and superficial.

When we start buying on impulse, constantly switch brands, and respond to "new and improved" sales pitches. But, by and large, we don't, and never have, and never will. We're too smart, too experienced to play that game. Since much consumer advertising is meant to convince the listener/viewer/reader to buy something he/she doesn't really need, or a new flavor or a new color scheme or something else totally insignificant, there is little money spent to advertise to us because so few sales result. You can get 25-54 females -- especially the younger end -- to be suckers for something new and flashy and trendy a whole lot easier, so that's where the money is spent. I guess we've just got to get more gullible and superficial.

Great explanation!

As The Kuhner Man is fond of saying, "OH, YOU NAILED IT!"

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom