• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

New morning show at Alt929

Wow! I grew up with this morning show when they were on CIMX/Detroit. I'm curious to see if this takes off, as it's a radical departure from the current sound of WBOS.

Wow! I grew up with this morning show when they were on CIMX/Detroit. I'm curious to see if this takes off, as it's a radical departure from the current sound of WBOS.

Is it simulcast from another city to a bunch of stations.....or are they actually coming to Boston?

It's syndicated from Beasley's WRIF/Detroit. That station is Active Rock, so it's actually a pretty nice fit with that station. I'm just surprised that a music-intensive Alt-40 station is using a "man-talk" morning show.

They're getting great ratings in Detroit. Can that translate to Boston? I don't know. Could this be part of a format change for WBOS?

It's syndicated from Beasley's WRIF/Detroit. That station is Active Rock, so it's actually a pretty nice fit with that station. I'm just surprised that a music-intensive Alt-40 station is using a "man-talk" morning show.

Yeah, shocking indeed. Remember 5 years ago when 92.9 was completely jockless? Not anymore. Now the imaging lady of the station is a DJ and the morning show will have very little music.

Would it make more sense for Beasley to simulcast Preston & Steve from co-owned WMMR in Philly up to WBOS in Boston (both former GM stations) instead of a morning show from Detroit?

Only heard a minute not really enough to judge but wondered if maybe (doubtful) they could try a "men talk format" [Renegade Radio's available via delay,ha]. Yeah probably not.What is now KDKA-FM 93.7 "the Fan" Pittsburgh tried all male talk for about 8 months (they included the syndie show of area native Dennis Miller tho that was more politics).
Again, doubtful...

Some tweets about the show are out there, not positive incl idea of dumping music for talk.

2007 Post Gazette
>>WTZN-FM (93.7) listeners woke up to Christmas music instead of talk yesterday.
The Zone, aka "The Man Station," a short-lived talk format aimed at male listeners, is being dumped for a new format, which is set to launch Friday at 5 p.m. Until then, the station will enter a time warp and play Christmas music 24/7.WTZN debuted in April, with a lineup of local talk hosts that included Scott Paulsen, John McIntire and John Steigerwald, along with the syndicated Dennis Miller show.

Last edited:
Would it make more sense for Beasley to simulcast Preston & Steve from co-owned WMMR in Philly up to WBOS in Boston (both former GM stations) instead of a morning show from Detroit?

Preston and Steve are pretty Philly-centric. They wouldn't want to have to re-tool their show to be more "location generic" because their loyal Philly fans would notice. Gone would be references to Delco, Philly's Hottest, etc. They have a good thing going as being a Philly local... they're not going to tinker with the formula to try to vanilla it down for a national audience.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom