• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

94.5 Pst will be rebroadcast in Philly.

Rowan College at Burlington County sells 100.7 W264BH Mount Holly NJ to Spectrum Development Group for $125,000. The buyer is led by former Cumulus Media CFO Richard Bonick and Marathon Media head Chris Devine. The translator also applies to modify its facilities to move towards Philadelphia rebroadcasting Connoisseur Media CHR 94.5 WPST Trenton. https://radioinsight.com/headlines/118921/station-sales-week-721/amp/

"Toward Philly" doesn't mean it's going to be putting any usable (or any at all) signal into Philadelphia. Look at the signal pattern in the link:

https://fccdata.org/?appid=1761414&facid=143931

Plus, WPST's signal is fine in that area. We'll see if WPST will be the true re-broadcast, or if that's just a placeholder.

Plus, WPST's signal is fine in that area. We'll see if WPST will be the true re-broadcast, or if that's just a placeholder.

Yeah...I'm like "What's the point?" It's like re-broadcasting More FM from a little stick in Camden.

And they are still too cheap to go HD and put on a side. If I recall years back, they were talking about adding an Alternative format to their HD2 which never materialized.

It would be different if it was Chester County. We can't get PST here due to interference from the station in Lancaster.

You should see WJRZ 100.1 out of Manahawkin, NJ. There's a rebroadcast on 100.7 in Toms River, only about 9 miles North and there used to be one on 107.9, within a few miles of 100.1!

You should see WJRZ 100.1 out of Manahawkin, NJ. There's a rebroadcast on 100.7 in Toms River, only about 9 miles North and there used to be one on 107.9, within a few miles of 100.1!

There's a reason for that. Through the spring and early fall there are times that 99.9 From Ocean City Maryland blasts up the coast and not only comes in like a local, but at times even less than 5 miles from WJRZ's 100.1 tower their signal is beaten up badly by 99.9 even though that station is well over 100 miles away.

I always thought it was because the main signal could not penetrate the office buildings in downtown Toms River and they needed a closer signal. Lance DeBock told me that some time ago...

94.5 PST is being used as a placeholder for the 107.9 translator currently in East Windsor which is making baby steps to eventually move to NYC. It's probably also going to be a placeholder for 100.7 till it moves to Center City.
I assume it'll eventually translate an HD2 as a "new station". Perhaps PST will go HD

94.5 PST is being used as a placeholder for the 107.9 translator currently in East Windsor which is making baby steps to eventually move to NYC. It's probably also going to be a placeholder for 100.7 till it moves to Center City.
I assume it'll eventually translate an HD2 as a "new station". Perhaps PST will go HD

100.7 is moving to Center City?

Will they ever go HD, they are the only Philadelphia rimshot, (Wilm/Trenton), that isn't in HD. All main Philly signals are in HD, finally Radio-Urban One has their three properties in HD running multiple formats, WPST is the only holdout.

Will they ever go HD, they are the only Philadelphia rimshot, (Wilm/Trenton), that isn't in HD. All main Philly signals are in HD, finally Radio-Urban One has their three properties in HD running multiple formats, WPST is the only holdout.

Y102 (WRFY) in Reading also is not in HD... which is surprising since it's iHeart.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom