• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Univision change in DFW...and Houston?

Saw the news that Univision has launched the Banda-based "Zona MX" format in DFW (KFZO 99.1.) Checking the KQBU webpage it has the same logo used by Zona MX but still has the "Que Buena" branding. Are the two stations essentially the same format now? Could the Zona MX branding be coming to 93.3 in Houston?

I have wondered if Univision would make changes to KQBU as the station's numbers have been slipping into AM-esque levels recently.

Well Que Buena had the logo first, has been using it for a while now. Our KLTN plays lots of Banda. Looking at the website it seems RAUL BRINDIS is on KFZO and EL BUENO LA MALA Y EL FEO on QUE BUENA and QUE BUENA has the same logo over there as our KLTN here.

Going through the dial and I've noticed that KQBU's audio quality is atrocious. Is anyone even listening to that rimshot? The audio quality is close to that of an AM station. I know they aren't broadcasting in stereo, but KKTH and KFNC aren't either yet they both sound way better than KQBU. The audio quality is so bad that it's actually off-putting.

I don't understand Spanish, but what exactly is the difference between KQBU and KLTN? Does it get many listeners? I would imagine the audio quality would turn off many users.

I don't understand Spanish, but what exactly is the difference between KQBU and KLTN? Does it get many listeners? I would imagine the audio quality would turn off many users.

KLTN has talk based shows much of the day, while KQBU is music driven. KLTN and KQBU both play Regional Mexican music, but the blend and style is different (sort of like the difference between mainstream CHR and Rhythmic CHR). The KLTN morning show may play 5 songs during the whole show!

The KQBU audio quality has been rather muddy the past few times I've checked. The station also has a history of flip-flopping between mono and stereo every few months.

Been wondering if Univision might make some changes to KQBU. The numbers have sunk quite low, but perhaps the station is still doing what it needs to do in the target demographic. Perhaps La Mejor 104.5 has made a bit of a dent, at least in the heavily Hispanic east side of Houston.

The KQBU audio quality has been rather muddy the past few times I've checked. The station also has a history of flip-flopping between mono and stereo every few months.

Been wondering if Univision might make some changes to KQBU. The numbers have sunk quite low, but perhaps the station is still doing what it needs to do in the target demographic. Perhaps La Mejor 104.5 has made a bit of a dent, at least in the heavily Hispanic east side of Houston.

At last check La Mejor was beating Que BUENA

Even for mono, their sound quality is absolute crap. Compare the audio quality with that of KFNC or KKHT (no stereo pilot as well). I hope people at Univision know about this issue? Seems like this is something that would turn off their listeners.

That 104.5 translator also has audio problems. I'm no engineer and am definitely no audiophile, but it sounds like someone fiddled with the high frequency settings of their iPod and is playing the music right off of it. Anytime I briefly stop on that station, my tweeters want to fly off of their housing.

Even for mono, their sound quality is absolute crap. Compare the audio quality with that of KFNC or KKHT (no stereo pilot as well). I hope people at Univision know about this issue? Seems like this is something that would turn off their listeners.

Some construction cut the T1. It was on a long, long microwave hop. Back on T1.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom