• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

NEW AM log - Texas early morning 7/19/17

crainbebo

Walk of Fame Participant
New log in the off season! Flipped around AM in the offseason with a week without e-skip, and got lucky.

1250 - KZDC TX, San Antonio; ESPN // local KUTI mixing with KKDZ Seattle, ad for Quicken Loans at 0057; Paralyzed Veterans of America and healthcare PSAs 0058-59 PT; ID mixed with KKDZ 0100 PT 'Your home for ?? and ??, ESPN 1250, KZDC San Antonio.' NEW #736, presumed 25KW day power at 1,679 miles!! KWSU is off the air between midnight-5AM, leaving KKDZ on 1250 (and whatever is under that, usually KNEU Roosevelt UT). WOAI was also in at the same time on 1200.
Also: 1540 KXPA Bellevue (Music of Your Life), with an UNID under - Aretha Franklin's 'R-E-S-P-E-C-T' and unknown '50s doo-wop number. KGBC Galveston TX? 1800+ miles.
1210 KRPU Rocklin CA was on day power with Indian music and talk, heard at 0115 PT.
1080 had an unknown country station mixed w/ KFXX, possibly Price UT (a relog).
800 had XEROK Juarez dominating with SS music and ID at 0120 PT, 1275 miles. Interesting evening on AM, conditions were fall/winter-like!

Congrats on catching one of my locals, crainbebo, and at 1,600+ miles!

Last year around this time KZDC was off the air at night for a few weeks, allowing me to catch classic country KHIL in Willcox, AZ.

Guess it's time to try some pre-season AM DXing since the e-skip is very weak/absent as of late.

Jim-satx: is XERF still audible on 1570 your way? Seems they have been missing in our neck of the woods up here in the PNW.

Jim-satx: is XERF still audible on 1570 your way? Seems they have been missing in our neck of the woods up here in the PNW.

Obviously I can't speak for Jim, but I heard XERF in Kentucky not long ago. I think David had mentioned that they may be running something like 30KW, IIRC.

Aretha Franklin's 'R-E-S-P-E-C-T' and unknown '50s doo-wop number. KGBC Galveston TX? 1800+ miles.

KGBC is back to oldies? I thought they were brokered nothingness waste of electricity like several other stations in the area. I'll have to tune them in.

Hi, Boombox. I'm still hearing XERF regularly down here. It might be running less power nowadays but still dominates at night. I can sometimes get a partial null of it and hear a very weak station, but I've only ever IDed anything else at sunrise (KTUZ) snd sunset (KPYK).

Hi, Boombox. I'm still hearing XERF regularly down here. It might be running less power nowadays but still dominates at night. I can sometimes get a partial null of it and hear a very weak station, but I've only ever IDed anything else at sunrise (KTUZ) snd sunset (KPYK).

Thanks for the reply, Jim. I heard what sounded like XERF (oldies ranchero music behind KCVR Lodi Calif's Deportes) a couple nights ago after almost a week of not hearing a trace of XERF when I'd tune in. It was weird because usually I'd hear at least a trace of it every night, unless conditions were horrible...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom