• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Culinary Genius to air on Fox O&O's

Y2kTheNewOldies

Walk of Fame Participant
http://www.tvnewscheck.com/article/105636/samantha-harris-to-host-culinary-genius

Its a Gordon Ramsay produced show and its mainly going to Fox O&O's

Samantha Harris will host Culinary Genius, a half-hour program executive produced by Gordon Ramsay, debuting Aug. 7 for a three-week summer run on select Fox-owned television stations. Edward Lee will serve as lead chef.

In making the announcement, Stephen Brown, FTS EVP of programming and development, said: “Samantha’s unique energy, engagement and enormous passion for people and food make her the perfect host for this show.”

"I am excited to be a part of this dynamic new show and especially for the opportunity to work with Gordon Ramsay. I can't wait for our audience to learn many culinary tricks from super-chef Edward Lee,” Harris said.

Culinary Genius is a half-hour program adapted from England’s ITV version of the same name, executive produced by Gordon Ramsay. The show begins with the lead chef offering a cooking demonstration for five amateur home chefs who serve as the day’s contestants. Contestants compete in a 25-minute cooking competition where the winner is crowned the culinary genius of the day. It is produced by Studio Ramsay and All3Media.‎

An entertainment news journalist and Emmy-winning TV personality, Harris is best known for her eight seasons co-hosting ABC’s live hit show Dancing With The Stars. She was a fixture on Entertainment Tonight as the weekend co-host and as the permanent fill-in host on the weekday show. She played the role of Roxie Hart in the long-running musical Chicago on Broadway and served as host of NBC’s reality competition show Stars Earn Stripes, co-hosted by 4-Star General Wesley Clark (retired) and produced by Mark Burnett, Dick Wolf and David Hurwitz.

Harris served as a co-host and correspondent on The Insider and was a correspondent on E! News, where she also co-hosted E! Network’s live award-show coverage for the Oscars, Golden Globes and Emmy Awards. Prior to joining E!, Harris was the weekend co-host and full-time correspondent for Extra, which she joined in 2003.

Good Lord...ANOTHER Ramsey food show. Why not just buy him a network of his own to program and run....

I'm surprised Gordon Ramsey hasn't done daytime TV yet, hopefully this goes well. No F-bombs please. At least it's not going to be another DNA test/lie detector show.

I'm surprised Gordon Ramsey hasn't done daytime TV yet, hopefully this goes well. No F-bombs please. At least it's not going to be another DNA test/lie detector show.

What f-bomb? I rarely use it in the real world, let alone post one.

I'm talking about Gordon's very common use of censored F-words on shows like Hell's Kitchen. Hopefully we won't hear 'bleep' 'bleep' 'bleep' every 30 seconds on this show.

Anyone who calls themselves a "culinary genius," definitely isn't.........
Any show called "Culinary Genius" probably isn't worth watching........
Gordon Ramsey......... A legend in his own mind......

Anyone who calls themselves a "culinary genius," definitely isn't.........
Any show called "Culinary Genius" probably isn't worth watching........
Gordon Ramsey......... A legend in his own mind......

Yet the show is actually a competition to see which amateur chef participant becomes the "Culinary Genius". Ramsey is the producer, not the "genius".

Gordon Ramsey is himself a top chef. I've sampled among his Las Vegas restaurants and the get good grades on the food, the plating and ambiance.

I'm talking about Gordon's very common use of censored F-words on shows like Hell's Kitchen. Hopefully we won't hear 'bleep' 'bleep' 'bleep' every 30 seconds on this show.

OH... I agree. I doubt FOX would allow swearing during daytime programming, especially in summer when kids might actually hear it. I've heard way too many kids swearing. Since they want to play adult, maybe they could down a shot of milk every time he cusses or they bleep him... :D

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom