Entercom New Digs - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Entercom New Digs

They're now in the same 5th ave. office building (was a Bank of America corporate site) where Ruth's Chris used to be when they were still a good locally-owned restaurant! I think it's 800-5th.

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEBOYBLUE View Post
    Originally Tacoma Mall Office Building ... then to Met Park where all the stations came/went as they became part of the family. One odd duck was KBSG [97.3] relocating to Eastlake and anticipation at the time was so it could be spun with KIRO/KTTH.
    KIXI, in any form was never at the Tacoma Mall office building. Your thinking of KTAC(850kHz) and KBRD (103.7MHz).

Quote Originally Posted by KXA View Post
    KIXI, in any form was never at the Tacoma Mall office building. Your thinking of KTAC(850kHz) and KBRD (103.7MHz).
    KIXI AM/FM was located on the top of the Tower 801 apartment building (8th & Pine) in the late 70's and early 80's. They moved to 113 Dexter N. in February 1983. When KIXI was bought up it became a studio location for other Seattle radio stations, (someone mentioned KZOK and KMPS, but I can't confirm that).
    Last edited by seatownmedia; 07-16-2017 at 08:04 PM.

KISW moved to MPW in 1999 from its Aurora Avenue studios at the same time KBSG moved to Eastlake from the penthouse of MPE. IIRC it was an issue of space constraints at MPW that prompted KBSG's Eastlake move, but those who are more expert in Seattle radio history probably know for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by KXA View Post
    ...which were the original Entercom presence in the market.

Quote Originally Posted by seatownmedia View Post
    KIXI AM/FM was located on the top of the Tower 801 apartment building (8th & Pine) in the late 70's and early 80's. They moved to 113 Dexter N. in February 1983. When KIXI was bought up it became a studio location for other Seattle radio stations, (someone mentioned KZOK and KMPS, but I can't confirm that).
    As far as I'm aware, KZOK was located in the Queen Anne district in the late 1980's (87-ish?). I don't recall KMPS being in the same complex. Just KZOK and KJET. For what it's worth....
    Last edited by boombox4; 07-17-2017 at 02:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEBOYBLUE View Post
    Entercom moves several stations this week and it doesn't make this board because ....
    (a) doesn't involve dx-ing from Yakima or Tri-Cities
    (b) doesn't involve Robin & Maynard (anymore)
    (c) no one noticed ....

???
    Guess you missed one Eric:
    (d) Whatever the topic, it will devolve into a local radio history debate involving 1970 to 2000.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Piotrowski View Post
    KISW moved to MPW in 1999 from its Aurora Avenue studios at the same time KBSG moved to Eastlake from the penthouse of MPE. IIRC it was an issue of space constraints at MPW that prompted KBSG's Eastlake move, but those who are more expert in Seattle radio history probably know for sure.
    I still remember their address from the '80s: 712 Aurora Avenue North, Seattle, 98109. Around 1988, my friend and I drove up to Seattle from Olympia and tried to visit Steve Slaton. We didn't didn't get to see him, but we did get some Rock stickers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly A View Post
    Guess you missed one Eric:
    (d) Whatever the topic, it will devolve into a local radio history debate involving 1970 to 2000.
    And why is this bad? History is important. History is fun. Oh, and btw, we can learn from it.

Where did I say history was bad? It is pretty common around here to take a current topic for discussion and turn it around to history, or revisionist history, as the case may be.

It is a little disappointing that nobody commented or even mentioned what sort of studios or technology were being used at the new Entercom plant. Maybe those things don't matter to folks that regularly comment on this board? Not being critical, just noticing there doesn't seem to be any interest in the evolution of things.

As some have been critical the new KING TV studios, broadcast technology is making a huge shift over to IP. For radio, big analog audio boards and studio furniture are being replaced with tablets and cloud-based remote voice tracking applications. Details like floating studio floors or isolated studio walls, are being replaced by less-expensive options. The number of staff to support on air operations are being replaced by "digital" folks, who spend their day carrying the station line on social media sites.

Again, not being critical as to the posts, just noticing the lack of interest in modern radio.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast