• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Joe Ligotti can't stop possible sale of WMEX

http://www.universalhub.com/2017/guy-boston-cant-stop-sale-radio-station-boston-hes

Thought this case was settled out of court? Apparently not but Joe Ligotti can't stop the _possible_ sale of WMEX
by Daly XXL (the car-with-no-engine that Ligotti claims they are selling for "a fire sale $1.25 million")

Hmmm, interesting. Awhile back, I think it was before WMEX went off the air (or it was the first and last time I listened on line) a caller told them that he was very very very interested in purchasing the station, he sounded serious and the morning show "radio stars" took his info off air.

Still waiting to hear where/when "Sandy" is going to pop up!

No reason for the judge to block the sale. He's suing the company, not the asset. Wouldn't surprise me if he sues the two morning nitwits separately at some point as well.

Wonder where the $3m number comes from. Maybe the original $175k purchase price plus how much they've dumped into it over the past couple of years, to break even?

A million or more for the cash infusion, but how much does the family have left? How much can the station sell for?

Liggotti needs to get over himself.

he is the personification of a no talent hack, somehow the guy from MASSPORT ( that was his day gig) managed to land a weekend gig on a FM, that he may have been buying the time for... WTTK was doing brokered time on weekends... and did his version of Joe The Plumber.

That act gets old fast.

The fact he was hired for AM drive is IMHO just more proof that the 1%'r ( his ownership position in the company) that was running the station didn't have a clue how to do it properly.

I mean here is a guy that make Kuhner look good.

and as to the value of the station, right now it is worth zero, even if a P&S was signed today, unless the transmitter lease can be resolved, nobody is going to get that station back on before the Feds delete it.

I don't think the site owners are going to let anyone power up long enough to give a legal ID to allow a reset of the STA clock.

Whatever happened to "Huggy" ?

Liggotti needs to get over himself.

he is the personification of a no talent hack, somehow the guy from MASSPORT ( that was his day gig) managed to land a weekend gig on a FM.

Joe's a good guy. As nice as they come. And quite down to earth.

He's got the gift of gab...and can be quite funny....and his weight and shape is part of his schtick.

He has never had a good PD refine and fashion his personality and show for a successful radio presentation.

If I had a buck for every time he swore..

Saw a later video where he seemed more tolerant of gays (they wanna marry, I don't care, he says).Does he have a first amendment right to speak? Yes but entities like youtube or a radio station can dump him if they wish.He can buy a station, put himself on, and say what he wants within reason.1510's available provided he gets a xmtr site and he can put out a great effing station.

even as a stunt, there is no excuse for that video

besides unforgivable profanity, he shows no concept of the freedom of speech and how it applies to private parties and terms of service agreements.

anyone go to his website?

He wasn't smart enough to protect his brand on that platform.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom