FCC warns pirates on 106.3, 87.7, 101.3 - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 42

Thread: FCC warns pirates on 106.3, 87.7, 101.3

  1. #21
    87.7 Had their equipment seized twice by US Marshalls and both times they returned to the air so this will do nothing.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Raven View Post
    My understanding is that the state is using environmental health and safety law to go after the pirates, citing them for unsafe RF levels or something.
    Not defending the operators of illegal pirate radio stations here....but that logic is patently absurd.
    We're not talking kilowatts of power here.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by FreddyE1977 View Post


    We're not talking kilowatts of power here.
    Sometimes we are.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcB View Post
    On the subject f Connecticut pirates, You and I both know it's not, but 1620 in New Britain claims to be Part 15. They're simulcast on an LPFM WPRF-LP 96.9 . Don't forget the 1KW pirate on 1120 with antennas in Bristol and studios in New Britain.
    WPRX? Has it ever been officially confirmed that they've been operating on an expired license? I know that's what online databases open to the public indicate, but as we all know, the "insiders" often have different, updated info available to them.

  5. #25

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Southington, Connecticut
    Posts
    8,908
    Quote Originally Posted by CTListener View Post
    WPRX? Has it ever been officially confirmed that they've been operating on an expired license? I know that's what online databases open to the public indicate, but as we all know, the "insiders" often have different, updated info available to them.
    All I know there is a letter from the FCC addressed to the station (but at the wrong address. Their old studio on the Berlin Turnpike instead of their current studio at Hartford Square in New Britain) that said their license had been revoked. They were supposed to cease broadcasting immediately and their tower to be dismantled. I think it was also mentioned in NERW, but I'm not a subscriber.

  6. #26
    Datz Hitz 99.7 was shut down for not only interfering with WCRB but also Logan aircraft radio.
    As for WPRX Wikipedia says "WPRX's license was canceled on June 7, 2017 for not paying debts it owed to the FCC, which prevented the renewal of the station's license." A.pdf file of the FCC letter can be downloaded in a link on the WPRX Wikipedia page.
    Last edited by raccoonradio; 07-18-2017 at 06:20 AM.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by raccoonradio View Post
    Datz Hitz 99.7 was shut down for not only interfering with WCRB but also Logan aircraft radio.
    As for WPRX Wikipedia says "WPRX's license was canceled on June 7, 2017 for not paying debts it owed to the FCC, which prevented the renewal of the station's license." A.pdf file of the FCC letter can be downloaded in a link on the WPRX Wikipedia page.
    Wikipedia also says the station's last broadcast was on June 7. Yet it's still broadcasting and still streaming online. Putting a decent signal into Meriden right now. The FCC doesn't have the staffing/money/desire to enforce its own action? Or might the matter have been settled and the documentation either not posted to the Web yet or in an obscure corner of the FCC website that none of us non-government types have been able to find yet?
    Last edited by CTListener; 07-18-2017 at 07:11 AM.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by CTListener View Post
    WPRX? Has it ever been officially confirmed that they've been operating on an expired license? I know that's what online databases open to the public indicate, but as we all know, the "insiders" often have different, updated info available to them.
    shows as deleted

    http://www.fccinfo.com/CMDProEngine....24226&sHours=D

    shows last application dismissed.

    https://licensing.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/ws...&fac_num=13630


    history of applications and actions:

    http://licensing.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/ws....ility_id=13630
    letter from 2015 informing them of "red light" status...


    http://licensing.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/pro...etter_id=59176


    letter denying on past monies due reasons

    http://licensing.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/pro...etter_id=76670


    copy of returned certified mail receipt

    http://licensing.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/pro...etter_id=77469
    Last edited by MRBIboredop; 07-18-2017 at 08:16 AM.

  9. #29
    OK, call me convinced. Now, why no enforcement? This isn't a neighborhood pirate, it's a (formerly) licensed AM station openly ignoring an FCC order.

  10. #30

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Southington, Connecticut
    Posts
    8,908
    Quote Originally Posted by CTListener View Post
    OK, call me convinced. Now, why no enforcement? This isn't a neighborhood pirate, it's a (formerly) licensed AM station openly ignoring an FCC order.
    And every business owner advertising with them including The Hartford Yard Goats (WPRX carries the games en Espanol) should be arrested.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  




     
Our Conferences
Useful Contacts
Community


Contact Us