• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Philadelphia Radio PPM Ratings: June 2017

That they're as meaningless as they always are?

For sales, yes. But they give us at least a little glimpse into the overall health of a station.

Nothing TOO mind-boggling last month:

The usual WOGL-WBEB-WDAS shuffle for #1 overall.

A somewhat down book for Philly's rock block of WMMR/WMGK/WRFF, but nothing major to worry about.

WPEN down to a 1.6 overall... not a healthy looking number. But with men's ad $$, plus Sixers & Flyers seasons kicking in in a few months, they're not going anywhere.

WPHI- Slowly ticking up on their new 103.9 home, nothing really to write home about though.

WISX- Made decent money, but down to a 2.0 in their final full book as Mix? Possibly made the right call there.

Could the small WRFF decline be the reason I heard Everlast and and the verve pipe today, have not heard them played since their birth ten years ago, which I could handle but if they start spinning RATM again I'm gone...

Could the small WRFF decline be the reason I heard Everlast and and the verve pipe today, have not heard them played since their birth ten years ago, which I could handle but if they start spinning RATM again I'm gone...

I know they play "The Freshman" fairly regularly. Not sure about Everlast though, and I don't have Mediabase access.

Think the music tweaking is helping WOGL?

One book, and so soon after the changes, is probably not enough to form a solid conclusion but it certainly looks positive. And definitely no backlash and audience loss.

Amazing that at WOGL, they pulled the trigger with so many talented DJ's and they still came in #1. Wonder who is working the midnight to 5am shift. Never hear anyone speak. Where did all these DJ's go?

1. Anyone know how WTDY compares with WBEB in the demo$?
2. Are advertisers these days paying more for CHR than for Mainstream AC? Seems like nationwide, CHR bills very high but I would be a little surprised to learn that Q102 bills higher than WBEB.

Amazing that at WOGL, they pulled the trigger with so many talented DJ's and they still came in #1. Wonder who is working the midnight to 5am shift. Never hear anyone speak. Where did all these DJ's go?

I don't think it's terribly surprising. Music matters by and large. K-EARTH has been quite the topic of conversation on these boards in recent years as they, too, shed some long-term personalities, and the station is doing quite well (I understand there are differences, but when you look at the broad contours, there are some similarities in the overall situations). As new listeners age into the target demo, their attachment to the personalities isn't as strong, and so long as the music they want to hear is playing, it matters less if the person is named Nicky G or Cadillac Jack (I mean no disrespect, but sometimes things are what they are). We accept that people move on in life, and the days when the "DJ" was the big draw are over. That's not to say having solid talent that fits the station's personality doesn't matter, but rather that you can make changes without taking a hit.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom