Is WFLL 1400 back on? They have test athority - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is WFLL 1400 back on? They have test athority

Quote Originally Posted by ai4i View Post
    Looking at all the coverage maps,
    Zoo could also offer this suggestion:
    sell us the translator and we will not claim interference.
    The application was granted by the FCC so if this translator will interfere with Zoo on WBGF or W228BV they'll have to wait until it goes on the air to find out because the theoretical contour of W228DO was accepted. Also, since this translator was authorized under the AM revitalization program it must carry WFLL for a minimum of 4 years before a change in the primary station can be allowed. Soooo, if Zoo really really wants this translator they'll need to buy/lease WFLL too. Ha! Revolution 1400, anyone?

What's odd is this application was granted on Feb. 7, 2017 but its' shown as having expired on 12/24/16.
    Last edited by strangelove; 08-09-2017 at 08:58 AM.

They seem to have $$. it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibilities that they would lease 1400/W228DO . I can't imagine anyone really wanting that station.

Quote Originally Posted by AMRocks View Post
    ...it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibilities that they would lease 1400/W228DO...
    And they would move "BV" to the top of the tower with the "BD and "DU" and go omni.
    Ai4i has Always Been on the Trailing Edge of Technology!

Quote Originally Posted by strangelove View Post
    ACM filed for another Silent STA for WFLL on August 10. Hurry up and wait...
    I don't know what to make of this. Maybe he has no intention of operating it or could there be technical issues? Maybe it will stay silent until a buyer is found?

I'm starting to question the relevance of AM radio in 2017. It would seem that the party has moved on....
    Out of the money demo...all the way out!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Sheridan View Post
    I'm starting to question the relevance of AM radio in 2017.
    It would seem that the party has moved on....
    Especially passed signal challenged attendees!
    This is not exactly 1010 WINS!
    Ai4i has Always Been on the Trailing Edge of Technology!

Quote Originally Posted by ai4i View Post
    Especially passed signal challenged attendees!
    This is not exactly 1010 WINS!
    These days even the full power AM's are looking for translators or full power under performing FM stations to put their AM program on.

Back when WFLL was running the country music format in 2011 they were on the skirt of the tower that was next to the WFLL tower that went down in the hurricane. The signal at night in Hollywood at 1KW was very good, better than it was in the old days.

73 W4DXL
    Last edited by Mike Sheridan; Yesterday at 12:15 AM.
    Out of the money demo...all the way out!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Sheridan View Post
    Back when WFLL was running the country music format in 2011 they were on the skirt of the tower that was next to the WFLL tower that went down in the hurricane. The signal at night in Hollywood at 1KW was very good, better than it was in the old days.
    Sounded pretty good from a processing standpoint too. Even on car stereo it had a rich sound to it and on a wide band receiver it really popped. Not bad for an AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123