• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Big Changes in OTA positions on the way?

This morning I was tooling around on the FCC FM query site looking at all the little translators on the way and I figured it's been some time since I checked out TV being curious if something interesting might start up soon (and also wondering why WRNT is still 48 when they are transmitting on 32 and calling themselves 32).

I noticed a few construction permits that indicate that those of us who watch OTA are soon in need of a rescan (note, all stations will still display the same channel number they always had)

WEDH currently on 45 will be moving to 30
WFSB currently on 33 will be moving to 36
WTIC currently on 31 will be moving to 34
WCCT currently on 20 will be moving to 33

anyone know why this is happening? I've not been following too closely lately and the only guesses I have are that 20 might be spectrum due for reallocation or to prevent problems with WCVB (if they are also still on 20) or further still problems with the interference with the DC police, (though if I remember correctly that was only WCVB vs DCPD). I'm assuming this isn't the case as they could have easily just moved WCCT to 34 or 36 and not all 4 stations.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom