• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Kya 1260

Gunsmoke

Banned
I passed by the old tower today, I know it's a Catholic format with different owners, I noticed a six bay FM antenna mounted on the tower. Is there an FM signal being used now or did KYA have an FM signal also way back when they were top 40.

I passed by the old tower today, I know it's a Catholic format with different owners, I noticed a six bay FM antenna mounted on the tower. Is there an FM signal being used now or did KYA have an FM signal also way back when they were top 40.

For a while at least that tower was 50KW on 93.3, back when KYA had an oldies format in the 1980's. Pretty sure it was simulcast on 1260 then, but I'm not a big oldies fan and I only heard them when scanning the dial. Sometime after that 93.3 was country and "World Music" with the transmitter in the Hayward Hills. The license is now on San Bruno, but I believe they kept the old antenna as a backup throughout the moves, and that's what it's licensed as now. Immaculate Heart Radio is listed as the owner of the tower in FCC registrations now, and I also see that KREV (92.7, licensed to Alameda) is there.

Dave B.

Thanks for the info, what made me curious was I have been listening to KYA on line with the oldies format run by Gary Mora. The antenna looks like it would support 50kw with all those heavy bays.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom