• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Public Media Fans

itsTheRolyPoly

Star Participant
Taking this from another forum I'm a part of (which I won't mention where).

Hi everybody,

If you're a fan of public media (whether its TV or radio) and like to know what's happening in the news, I've set up yet another franchise (the second one in three years after my Changing Newscasts blog in which it will continue. I promise you on that.) called Public Media Fans.

I've set up the Twitter back in May and has been active since then (my fourth after my fake station, my personal one and the blog's Twitter) as well as on Medium where I can write long articles to supplement that. My first articles are pretty much fun facts on station shoutouts that I've done over the past two months (still gotta finish that) but soon, I will create weekly stories that wrap up the week's news in public media, by using tweets that I've posted during the particular week.

So again, if your interested (just like how so many of you were interested into reading Changing Newscasts and using my stories a lot for mention here), I have Twitter and Medium and I may expand to Facebook (maybe a website too) if it becomes popular with you guys.

Public Media Fans on Twitter
Public Media Fans on Medium

Thank you guys so very much for supporting my Changing Newscasts blog and I know you guys will support me in this one too, especially since I think there are some fans of public broadcasting here.

-- Roly

PS: I was never a fan of public broadcasting until last year when I gave NPR a try and gave it more and more of a listen. Now, I listen to NPR often as well as watching PBS. @NPRStations on Twitter gave me the inspiration to start the account and what seems like a new franchise to me now. And yes, again, Changing Newscasts is staying. It's not going anywhere.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom